Trivia Question

Fire breathing dragons a problem for you?
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:20 pm

MJongo wrote:Yep, it was a trick question :)
The answer I was looking for was all of the above; you don't need to give the troll the apple, you can water the manure without the bean, and therefore not need to give the cow to the merchant. That doesn't apply to the Amiga/Atari ST/DOS remakes, though.

Do'h of course! :v2_dizzy_lol: I didn't even think about the pigmy cow when I posted that.

Bag of Magic Food wrote:I think you could beat the game without the rope, though!

If you time your jumps right, yes. :)

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Well, in the Commodore 64 version, I found that I didn't need to give the troll the apple to get him to show up in the mine and leave his coin behind, but they did fix it so the bean is necessary to get the beanstalk, so for that one I guess the answer is only A.

Then in this video I learned that on ZX Spectrum, the first dragon can be passed without the sleeping potion, so that's yet another item you can skip! And a comment on that video says that you can keep a spare piece of bread after distracting the rat, so you could end up with a lot of extra junk sitting around after rescuing Daisy!