Amiga Music

Fire breathing dragons a problem for you?
Joe
Free Range Egg
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 pm

Amiga Music

Post by Joe » Sun May 06, 2007 1:53 pm

I wondered if anyone else had noticed the subtle similarities between the title screen music for Fantasy World Dizzy on the Amiga, and the music for another Dizzy style Codemasters game for the C64/Spectrum etc, Slightly Magic. Both musics were by Allister Brimble, so one tune clearly influenced the other.

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:07 pm
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Contact:

Post by AndyC » Sun May 06, 2007 2:55 pm

Also, wasn't the high score table music for Fantasy World Dizzy the same as the main in-game music for Treasure Island Dizzy? Maybe they believed in getting the most out of a good tune!

User avatar
Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:25 pm
Location: Keldor Forest
Contact:

Post by Dizzy » Sun May 06, 2007 3:53 pm

I posted something similar to this on the other forum..
try playing the amiga version of this game then play Wibble World Giddy..
The music is erm.. 'similar' lol

http://amiga.emucamp.com/wibbleworld.htm

Joe
Free Range Egg
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Joe » Sun May 06, 2007 6:10 pm

AndyC wrote:Also, wasn't the high score table music for Fantasy World Dizzy the same as the main in-game music for Treasure Island Dizzy? Maybe they believed in getting the most out of a good tune!
It made me wonder if perhaps they thought about using that rearrangement of the Treasure Island Dizzy music as the ingame music for Fantasy World Dizzy, but then decided they should give it an original tune instead. Mainly because it seems strange to go to the effort of recreating essentially the whole of the TID ingame theme just to go on the high-score entry screen on FWD.

Having said that, they didn't mind giving the C64 version of FWD the music from Fast Food!

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:07 pm
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Contact:

Post by AndyC » Sun May 06, 2007 6:24 pm

Joe wrote:It made me wonder if perhaps they thought about using that rearrangement of the Treasure Island Dizzy music as the ingame music for Fantasy World Dizzy, but then decided they should give it an original tune instead. Mainly because it seems strange to go to the effort of recreating essentially the whole of the TID ingame theme just to go on the high-score entry screen on FWD.

Having said that, they didn't mind giving the C64 version of FWD the music from Fast Food!
If memory serves, they also reused the Fast Food music for Kwik Snax. Talk about being fond of recycling!

Joe
Free Range Egg
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Joe » Sun May 06, 2007 9:17 pm

AndyC wrote:If memory serves, they also reused the Fast Food music for Kwik Snax. Talk about being fond of recycling!
Yeah that's right. Though I suppose Kwik Snax was a sequel of sorts to Fast Food, so I guess that makes a bit more sense. The music for Amiga Fast Food was also used for Dizzy Panic on the C64 (the 3rd difficulty music on FF was the title music on DP, and the 1st difficulty music was the ingame music, and the high-score music was also transferred across). At least I presume that Fast Food on the Amiga pre-dates Dizzy Panic on the C64.

User avatar
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk
Posts: 2969
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:43 am
Location: Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Post by Adz.M » Mon May 07, 2007 6:45 am

I think Codemasters had some sort of tradition to swap game music around, like for example.

CJ In the USA (Spectrum) - Seymour at the Movies (C64)

Panic Dizzy (Spectrum) - Kamikaze (Spectrum) - Seymour at the movies (Spectrum)

Tarzan Goes Ape (C64) - Big Nose American adventure (C64)

Fast Food (C64) - Fantasy World Dizzy (C64)

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:07 pm
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Contact:

Post by AndyC » Mon May 07, 2007 3:14 pm

Joe wrote: At least I presume that Fast Food on the Amiga pre-dates Dizzy Panic on the C64.
As far as I've been able to find out Fast Food on the Amiga was released in 1989 whereas Dizzy Panic on the C64 was released in 1990, so that would appear to be right.

Joe
Free Range Egg
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Joe » Mon May 07, 2007 7:06 pm

Adz.M wrote:I think Codemasters had some sort of tradition to swap game music around, like for example.

CJ In the USA (Spectrum) - Seymour at the Movies (C64)

Panic Dizzy (Spectrum) - Kamikaze (Spectrum) - Seymour at the movies (Spectrum)

Tarzan Goes Ape (C64) - Big Nose American adventure (C64)

Fast Food (C64) - Fantasy World Dizzy (C64)
Also BMX2 and BMX Freestyle on the C64. And many more probably, I used to think Grand Prix Simulator 2 and Super Tank on the C64 had the same title music, but they just have a similar sound to each other I guess.
So is the music for Seymour different for all 3 formats (spectrum, amstrad, c64)?

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:27 am

Post by AndyUK » Wed May 09, 2007 11:35 pm

Generally the music is the same on the Spectrum and Amstrad. The only game ive noticed any difference was Slightly magic where the Amstrad version is slightly different (both title screen and ingame.)

The commodore 64 almost always has different music, the only exceptions in the dizzy series is Prince of the yolkfolk and Dizzy down the rapids.

Dizzy 1 is different because the spectrum only had a 48k mode so there were small jingles using the internal beeper. Which the c64 copies. But the Amstrad has an entirely new tune :)

Post Reply