Remake

Fire breathing dragons a problem for you?
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Remake

Postby Meph » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:34 pm

Hey chaps..

I decided to try the Remake your did... as i tend to get very frustrated with the originals as most emulators are never error free.. well i tend to experience all sort of problems either with game controls not setting up correctly or they just crash.. plus its nice to save as theres nothing worse after all that hard work to just fit a flame by mistake and die...

Anyway.. Fantasy world was one in the past i could never work out but I've gotten alittle further on this remake.. just wanted to congratulate you on a impressive remake because its works and plays brilliantly.. I've not had any problems in getting it to load and play unlike some on the emulatoers...
Fantastic.. Cheers!!! i'll be checking out the other remakes to.. Excellent.

I did notice the smugglers hideout isn't in the remake and i guess a few other bits could be missing not that i will notice them..

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:41 am

Well the thanks goes to pteal for making the Remake :)

Well, that was actually an accurate remake of the Spectrum version and I don't really recall seeing a Smugglers hideout on he game unless you're thinking about Treasure Island Dizzy there?

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:24 pm

I had the Amiga version of FWD, and there was a smuggler's hideout on that version. To reach it you go through the fire at the start, onto the board where you pick up the first boulder, then if you jump towards the water you'll land on a plank of wood. If you carry on jumping along the passageway you reach a cave (I think it's 2 boards along from the board with the boulder on it). The cave has a few items you can pick up for bonus points, but nothing to actually help you complete the game. I've tried playing the Spectrum and C64 versions via. emulators, and neither of them seem to have the plank to land on, so I would imagine that this feature was only present on some versions.

I assume this is the hideout that Meph is talking about. I certainly can't think of any others.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 pm

Yeah thats the hide out..
I've saved daisy and i just gotta find a few coins.. i thought the hideout had a coin in it.. obliviously not then.

Had a go at the Magicland remake to day while im stuck finding coins.. just saved Doria and the hippy.. but now rarther stuck.. seems to be more difficult then Fantasy.. which im kinda surprised really because I've never been able to get anywhere on fantasy in the past. .. lol

anyway.. theses remakes are fantastic..

:v2_dizzy_clapping:

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:43 am

[color="DarkGreen"]How was the game altered on the Amiga to make the smugglers' hideout needed in the game, considering the lack of it in other versions?

As for this game, I used to think it was the most difficult Dizzy game on the shelf... Until I realised I could tie tyhe gator's jaws shut! The only other real problem for me was the Dizzy eagle, but once you figure out when to jump and where from (aided, admittedly, by the quicksave feature of my Vice emulator) the only remaining challenge is to find all the coins! There's one I can't find... Argh![/color]

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:21 am

The Amiga version has a Score on it, so they added a few extra rooms and placed various Jewels on there to boost your Score up so you can get your name on the Hall of Fame.

And the Cloud Castle where you rescue Daisy is Extended too.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:47 pm

whats the Dizzy eagle? isn't that the one that can't fly though the clouds?
i thought that was pretty easy to get past.. it was the dragon that bothered me the most.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:08 pm

[color="DarkGreen"]Speaking from the 8-bit Commodore version, the Dizzy Eagle was left immediately after the Armorog's Den. On the Spectrum it wasn't difficult as it moved really steadily, but the C64 Dizzy Eagle caned across the screen like and amphetamine-fuelled lunatic if I remember correctly.

I may be exaggerating it's speed slightly, but I remember it being much quicker.[/color]

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:10 pm

yeah but it couldn't fly through the clouds i don't think....

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:37 am

The bird was called the Dizzy Hawk, he gives you a chance to walk through as soon as It's in the clouds, I found him easy to rush past on the Spectrum version.