Things i like, things i don't like

Fire breathing dragons a problem for you?
STEVE 09
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby STEVE 09 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:52 pm

I used to have nightmares about that dam swooping bird. I never seemed to be able to time it right and it used to swoop down and kill me almost everytime. I remember having to ask my older brother to do this screen for me everytime I came to it :D

The beanstalk was a nightmare for me as well and I too kept falling off it. The worst occasion this happened to me was when I had only 1 life left and I rolled off it. I had very nearly completed the game as well. I wasn't impressed, but I later came back to it and completed it a few weeks later.

The upside down world was tough to escape from for me I remember. It took me a good while to suss out what ledges to jump on to :D

enchantedgypsy25
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby enchantedgypsy25 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:13 am

this is (or was) my least favourite of the series but this is mostly because i played the amiga/dos versions growing up and didn't like the graphics compared to the rest of the series on the amiga

i still haven't completed it either as i could never find all the coins, even with the coin map

i do however like the treasure island picture in the castle hall way, kicking dozy out to sea, getting dizzy drunk and the upside-down world

Gary S
Free Range Egg

Postby Gary S » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:14 am

This was my first Dizzy game when I had a Spectrum. Mostly loved it and thought it was full of some of Dizzy's cleverest puzzles, but that upside-down bit in the church was really hard as the controls were reversed and flames are deadly.

Mind you, in the C64 version I seemed to remember Dizzy kept rolling about out of control in the upside-down areas and I'm sure in one version they turned the upside-down bits the right way up, somehow missing the point. Also hated how the C64 version just had recycled music from Fast Food.