The Devil

Devil on your sholder? or just got your head in the clouds?
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

The Devil

Postby Meph » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:13 pm

thought this was great, having to help the Devil to complete the game.. not something i expected to see in a Dizzy game or any kids game.. i guess they are technically for kids dispite the difficulty.. i mean winning by siding with the devil.. what kinda message does that send out?

Zack's being more dangerous and evil than the devil himself...

ingolemo
Free Range Egg

Postby ingolemo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:46 am

The devil's actually a pretty decent guy once you get to know him.

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:28 pm

What is it they say about being caught between the devil and...?

Even an all round good egg (pun intended) like Dizzy has to know a few dodgy characters (I always thought that the boat man in Prince of the Yolkfolk looked a bit like the Grim Reaper). Anyway, in POTYF he does a deal with St. Peter; I suppose that balances things out.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:12 pm

yeah the boatman is the Grim Reaper, he looks better in the dos version.

ingolemo
Free Range Egg

Postby ingolemo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:20 am

I'll bet he's either Charon or Phlegyas, what with him being the ferryman of the river Styx and all.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:46 am

[color="DarkGreen"]Personally, if I was dizzy, I'd have taken the opportunity to hard-boil myself in the hot water geyser at the base of the volcano. Then I may have been a little tougher for all of those enemies, so it would take them longer to notch down my energy bar ;)

Actually, considering he didn't have energy at all in the first three games, can we assume he took the opportunity to do this between Fantasy World and Magicland?

Is Dizzy a hard-boiled egg?

Is this question stupid?

:dizzy_confused: [/color]

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:07 am

Well Dizzy is definatly no Humpty Dumpty I can tell you that :laugh: Well I meant if Dizzy falls off a wall, he just walks off lol,

If you've played Fantastic Dizzy on the MegaDrive, The Subgames Mine Cart and outside the Castle doing Archery, Dizzy cracks his head when he's hit, but falling from a great height he's still looks unharmed.

I'm guessing the Energy-bar has something to do with him stuffing his face with apples before the adventure :p I see Dizzy as a character who is a fully experienced Adventurer that craves mostly apples lol.

And yeah, the Devil isn't that bad, he let me stab a Wizard with a Trident :devil:

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:52 pm

Mataeus wrote:[color="DarkGreen"]Personally, if I was dizzy, I'd have taken the opportunity to hard-boil myself in the hot water geyser at the base of the volcano. Then I may have been a little tougher for all of those enemies, so it would take them longer to notch down my energy bar ;)

Actually, considering he didn't have energy at all in the first three games, can we assume he took the opportunity to do this between Fantasy World and Magicland?

Is Dizzy a hard-boiled egg?

Is this question stupid?

:dizzy_confused: [/color]

In the Amiga version of FWD, if you lose a life you see Dizzy break open, and yolk splash out, so I think it's safe to assume that he wasn't hard boiled at that point. Of course the introduction of the energy bar could mean that he hard boiled himself before the start of MLD(!)

As for your second question, it's certainly unusual, but we're all still willing to discuss it. :D

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:39 pm

its just a man in a costume... you know like batman...

Dizzy Eggman. or Egghead from the tv series.. which could mean the chap inside the Dizzy costume could have been Vincent price.. now there a thought!

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:58 am

AndyC wrote:In the Amiga version of FWD, if you lose a life you see Dizzy break open, and yolk splash out...

[color="DarkGreen"]Nooooo! I'm traumatised! I have these crazy images flashing before my eyes of my fave li'l egg spilling his innards!

I'm just going to sit in the corner and rock uncontrollably for a while....

:O [/color]