Megadrive version of Dizzy the adventurer

Raise the flag, become the prince, collect the cherries
and save the girl.
Lemmy556
Free Range Egg

Megadrive version of Dizzy the adventurer

Postby Lemmy556 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:56 pm

As I know Megadrive version is same as the Excellent Dizzy collection including 3 games. Any pictures of them? I saw some at Facebook, but anymore? Someone could tell more of this version? I would like to know.

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:00 pm

I wrote PM to "Dizzy" user,the one who seems to be involved into Dream world Pogie and Dizzy adventurer in 16 bit.
But he never answered to me.
I wonder why.Why dumping cart is taking them sooo long?This kind of thing can be done in about 1 day. :cross:
Also why they don't release Wonderland Pogie Soruce,or at least send it to some good programmer to put it together?
I was doing familiar job with Go Dizzy Go.Dissasembling AND assembling source code took me about 2 months... :hitwall:
Actions like this decrease realiability of things showed. :neutral: (Dream world Pogie and Adventurer 16 bit)
But I still belive it's true.

dizzykei
Free Range Egg

Postby dizzykei » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:52 am

Lemmy556 wrote:As I know Megadrive version is same as the Excellent Dizzy collection including 3 games. Any pictures of them? I saw some at Facebook, but anymore? Someone could tell more of this version? I would like to know.
Where on facebook i can see this pics? Do you still have link?

Lemmy556
Free Range Egg

Postby Lemmy556 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm

dizzykei wrote:Where on facebook i can see this pics? Do you still have link?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yolkfolkcom/316272027945

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:54 am

I would like to remind certain users of this forum that I am eggstremely busy with other work commitments at the moment and have been massively delayed with this project.

Also, we all have lives outside of this community and as you grow up and take on more responsibility you will realise that. Sorry to sound harsh, but its true.
'Dumping' of the rom cannot be done as I do not have the tools to do this but everything possible will be ripped.
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:08 pm

I would like to remind certain users of this forum

:)
I am eggstremely busy with other work commitments at the moment and have been massively delayed with this project.

Ok,ok I completely understand.
Also, we all have lives outside of this community and as you grow up and take on more responsibility you will realise that. Sorry to sound harsh, but its true.

That's why I like dizzy.pl much more! :v2_dizzy_tongue2:
You don't really know what I'm doing. You don't care. It's OK, but you should if you want to write such things.
Anyway, I must congratulate you.
I have two children, a wife, office work and school for adults at weekends. But I guess you're making space ship plans for NASA, and this is the proof of having grown up.
Ehh...anyway.
'Dumping' of the rom cannot be done as I do not have the tools

Maybe send the cartridge to someone you trust or buy one yourself? (Like I did for something that I recently discovered.)
but everything possible will be ripped.

Wait..no...umm..hmm..ermm..no...just a sec...hmm..so...HOW?
I mean you can "rip" the music by recording it. The same goes for graphics.
But we (players that wait for this game to be dumped) want to PLAY this GAME. Having the graphics and music is cool, but we want to play it.Of course someone can make a new game using that music and graphics, but.. it's not the same.
SMALL offtopic:
The most strange thing is why you didn't give Dreamworld Pogie sources yet?
THIS does not require so much time after all.. :say_no:
Some author problems or what?

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Dizzy9 wrote:I have two children, a wife, office work and school for adults at weekends. But I guess you're making space ship plans for NASA, and this is the proof of having grown up.

I don't look at the 'Original Dizzy' forums much, but I saw this and felt I had to respond.

YOU may not lead a very busy live, in which you can afford to spend time doing things you want to (like Dizzy), but not all of us have that time to spend.

You need to accept that sometimes people are very very busy indeed, and no matter how much you may want them to do something, and how little time you think it will take, the fact is that sometimes they simply don't have time to, even for things that wouldn't usually take long to do.

You come across in your post as very impatient and not at all understanding. Hopefully you will realise that no matter how impatient you are, things will only be done when people have time to do them. The best thing to do is to accept the situation, and wait patiently. :)

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Ok,so i get a warning about insulting Dizzy.
Your response regarding my time and how busy I am is extremely insulting.

While about his time I wrote
Ok,ok I completely understand.

I insulted him for his no care about other.I mean he can say that I have lots of free time,I never wrote anything like that...
YOU may not lead a very busy live, in which you can afford to spend time doing things you want to (like Dizzy), but not all of us have that time to spend.

Arghh..what?
**Looking in dictionary**
No,I wrote it right...
You even quoted me-i have very,very little time.
The best thing to do is to accept the situation, and wait patiently.

This is not an excuse for not sending Dreamworld pogie sources.
You know...copy,compress(winrar\7zip...who cares) and send.
And yes,I know ahat mean "patiently"-I'm producing simple Dizzy game for over a year.

dizzykei
Free Range Egg

Postby dizzykei » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Dizzy9 wrote:SMALL offtopic:

That's a very good news! Last Dizzy game! And we saw it... sometime in the future, and the megadrive version of adventurer too... i hope.

Dizzy, i wish you free time!

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Dizzy9, my whole point was that even in the lives of the most dedicated Dizzy fan, sometimes things happen which take up all available spare time, or are much more urgent concerns. These then leave NO time at all to do anything other than essential things. Not even enough time to compile small games.

Sometimes it's just the way things happen, and these things are usually unavoidable. I'm sure he will get on with it as soon as he does have free time.

In the meantime please understand that Dizzy games and this forum are not absolutely essential to life, and that things like health and family and everything essential like that will always come first.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln