Raise the flag, become the prince, collect the cherries
and save the girl.
Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Ahh...that's pretty enough.
I have enough of meaningless arguning.
Just Last word(s).
I never asked him to compile game,just send sources.Compiling process in fact will be long,because lack of tools needed.

Q.E.D.

ZX KNIGHT
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby ZX KNIGHT » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Can someone provide a bit of an overview of what is going on with this?

Am I right in thinking that 'Dizzy' from the YolkFolk site has acquired the code etc for the unreleased Megadrive game Dizzy the Adventurer (essentially Prince of the Yolkfolk?)? Is this because he wrote it or has someone from Codemasters given it to him and permission to do what he likes with it?

I'm a writer for a website called 'Games That Weren't' so it's the sort of thing we love to cover so more information would be great!

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 pm

ZX KNIGHT wrote:Can someone provide a bit of an overview of what is going on with this?

Am I right in thinking that 'Dizzy' from the YolkFolk site has acquired the code etc for the unreleased Megadrive game Dizzy the Adventurer (essentially Prince of the Yolkfolk?)? Is this because he wrote it or has someone from Codemasters given it to him and permission to do what he likes with it?

I'm a writer for a website called 'Games That Weren't' so it's the sort of thing we love to cover so more information would be great!

I'll try and explain it the best I can.

Quite some time ago, Philip Oliver (one half of the Oliver Twins) gave Dizzy (Admin) some packages containing cartridges, drawings, notes etc.

A few of those cartridges contained the unreleased Sega MegaDrive versions of Dizzy the Adventurer and Painic Dizzy.
But the big problem is that Dizzy doesn't have the machine/device thing where he can do ROM dumps of the games.
However, he did mention on Yolkfolk's Facebook page a few months ago that he is currently on the hunt for a thing called a backup device to do these ROM dumps.

Obviously, the video clips of those games on YouTube were recorded from his TV.

That's kind of all I know about this at the moment.

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:56 am

[LEFT]Hi ZX Knight...

As ADZ has filled you in.. I am currently in possession on said cartridges by kind permission of Philip Oliver.
I am, and so far unsuccessfully, on the hunt for a rom dumper to be able to bring these cartridges to the masses.

If you would like more information ZX Knight, please PM and I'd be more than happy to talk further.[/LEFT]
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

Still-Dizzy
Your Backpack is Empty

Some people!

Postby Still-Dizzy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Dizzy, just thought I would add to this healthy debate by saying that you have created a fantastic comunity for fans of Dizzy to get together and celebrate the best game character ever created! and while I would love to get my hands on the megadrive version, I also think that no one has the right to preasure you into sorting it out. They were given to you and no one is going to pay you for all your hard work so why should you bust a ball to dump the roms! :v2_dizzy_smile: three cheers for all the hard work that the team have put in over the years. :v2_dizzy_thumbsup: I salute you all.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for the comments Still-Dizzy, and welcome to the community. :v2_dizzy_smile:

RobGBA
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby RobGBA » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Please guys don't make this end up like what happened when somebody found a prototype of a unreleased NES game called Bio Force Ape! Everybody was forcing him to dump it or sell it so he smashed it into pieces! If you don't know what I am on about : http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71891
Wow, I haven't been here for a while. :v2_dizzy_walkman:

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

@captaindizzypants
I don't think he'll just get rid of cart.He's(Dizzy, the admin) rensposible guy.It's just really hard to get dumping device.We have to wait, wait and wait.
BTW:About Bio Force Ape:
http://lostlevels.org/bio-force-ape/

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:36 pm

All the carts are now safely back with their owner as the dumping rom devices cost vastly too much for myself to purchase.
Maybe if/when they are more affordable these may surface.
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

Mat_Dizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mat_Dizzy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:07 pm

You should make a few as competition prizes! That would be ace.

Back to the forums for good! :-)