Evening

Tell the community about yourself.
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Evening

Post by Meph » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:10 am

Hello,
I just singed up.. found the site a few days ago (On easter.. lol convenient) while looking for some Dizzy info. I got board one day and wanted to relive and replay some of my favorite c64 games, of course that interest lasted a few days but i still wanted those Dizzies.

I only had one which was Spellbound, but a friend of mine had Magic land (collect the diamond?) which i couldn't do. i also loved the Fast food and snacks.
The C64 versions are just to difficult to play while i found a quality emulator the controls always bugger about.. managed to get the Treasure island from codemasters site and pretty much completed that (got across the island but haven't got the coins) but Dizzy one has always been the one I've struggled with.
Lucky for me doing to internetting i found some of the DOS versions and emulator which appear to be far Superior.
I haven't played the Price of yolkfolk yet but I've got a copy, never played crystal kingdom or Fantastic... my version of Fantastic keeps cutting out.

ANYWAY. Thought id join your community.. I'll probably need advice sooner or later.. lol I just with they would release theses Dizzy games on pc (like they did for Bubble bobble. .a personal fav) so we can cut out the emulators and problems.

Would be nice to have one last finally modern Dizzy.. i mean they just made another Simon the sorcerer (Another Personal fav) so it can still happen.

:v2_dizzy_cool:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:39 am

Welcome to the Forums Meph :)

My favourites have always been Magicland, Crystal Kingdom and Fast Food, Eggcellent memories :v2_dizzy_wink2:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:09 am

Hey,

Original Fast food was fantastic.. I'm not to keen on this DOS version I've been playing.. to be honest it horrible.

While it may be a waste of money i ended up buying one of those Dizzy game collection things on Ebay, so hopefully i can play all the games.

Thing that frustrates me most is either jumping on clouds, or trying to jump.. i never make it.. Magicland is the one that bothers me where you jump from the castle to some clouds to the tree house.. i always end up falling next to the sword in the stone.. or down the well..lol
Yolkfolk as got me stuck as well once i get past the boatman,
Wouldn't be to bad if you could save as you go. :v2_dizzy_scared:

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:02 am

Meph wrote: Wouldn't be to bad if you could save as you go. :v2_dizzy_scared:
Well you can these days, look for the TG remakes ;) http://www.theosgrotto.co.uk

oh and welcome to the forums :v2_dizzy_smile:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:39 am

I hope you don't mind me asking Meph :v2_dizzy_blush: , but what is your avatar meant to be?

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:38 pm

Hello......

I've been reading about those remakes but i want to have a go a trying to do the originals first before i take on the Remakes and other fan game... the only one i can get reasonably fair on is the Yolkfolk.. until i picked up a spanner and died..lol and i keep missing the boat or rolling off the hill.. oh well... frustrating.. kinda love and hate Dizzy at the same time!

Oh the picture is a pair of curtains and a rolled/screwed up bed sheet, and with alittle camera trickery it turned out like that..... (well i don't want to give away all my secrets.. but shacking was involved) ;)

Has anyone tried to make some kind of film/short using the Dizzy Characters? being a huge fan of Stop-motion i hate to say it but its a pity Dizzy isn't suitable for that format.. lol defiantly be for those Cell or CG geeks.
Dunno why i brought that up it was just on my mind.

Zurc
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Zurc » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Well some of the remakes are identical to the original versions so you should check them out.

You'll have to take care of the Dizzy clone if you want to get your mits on the spanner hehe.

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of those moving obstacles like the boat or shark fin in Magicland. Just walk on and with practice you will know how to time it right. Keep walking to avoid falling off.

Don't know of any Dizzy cartoons. The only videos I have seen are walkthroughs.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:03 pm

OH yeah killed the evil Dizzy by getting him to stand on a thorn..LOL

never seen the evil dizzies before.. other than Kwick Snax.