Hi everyone

Tell the community about yourself.
Vertigo99
Your Backpack is Empty

Hi everyone

Postby Vertigo99 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:43 am

Hey guys,

I just happened across your website the other day and ended up playing Spellbound Dizzy for a couple of hours. I had forgot just how good these games were, haha.

Thanks to those who host the games and converted them for people like me. I do have a question though, if I may. Is there any way to save games when playing the spectrum versions? I remember some of the Dizzy games being quite long so being able to save them after an hour or so would be really good.

If there is an easy way to do it please let me know, even if it leaves me with egg on my face!

Cheers,
Rich (vertigo99)

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Rindex » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:55 am

In the ZX-Spectrum emulator to write down .sna the file.

Vertigo99
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Vertigo99 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:20 am

Sorry to sound a complete noob, but how do I do that? I've just been clicking on the links on this site and playing

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:38 am

Vertigo99 wrote:Sorry to sound a complete noob, but how do I do that? I've just been clicking on the links on this site and playing

You speak about DizzyAGE? Click the key "Q", there will be a record option. But not in all games.

Vertigo99
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Vertigo99 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:10 pm

I was playing Spellbound Dizzy. It's a long game so I was just hoping you could save the game.

Pressing Q just quit the game (good job I was testing it on a just started game haha)

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:08 pm

I don't think the spectrum version has a save option.

The DizzyAGE version has one if you like. You can download it here: http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/game.php?id=176

Vertigo99
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Vertigo99 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 pm

I've just tried to install the game in the link but it keeps telling me my adobe flashplayer is not the latest version even though I've just downloaded the latest version to play it.

I don't think it's destined to be. :confused:

Thanks for the help, anyway guys.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Welcome to the Forums. :)

About the DizzyAGE games, you don't need to worry about trying to install it - the game will still work if you copy all the files contained in the zip and putting them into a folder on your PC. I only find the setup.exe useful if you want to change the game's display settings.
Hope this helps :)

Apologies if any of the above posts are confusing to you.
It isn't possible to save your progress on a real Spectrum or if you're playing them online.
But it is possible to save progresses through Emulators where you can play Spectrum games on your PC - but you'll need the game's ROMs to play on an Emulator.
It may all sound complicated but it does eventually become one of those "easy when you know how" experiences.

Vertigo99
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Vertigo99 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:48 pm

I don't suppose there's a walkthrough guide anywhere? I have no experience with code and nothing I try seems to be working. I feel like my head is going to eggsplode.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Vertigo99 wrote:I don't suppose there's a walkthrough guide anywhere? I have no experience with code and nothing I try seems to be working. I feel like my head is going to eggsplode.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're talking about.
You don't need to learn any coding or do anything complex to simply play a game, not even a game made with DizzyAGE. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

As for walkthoughs, if you look on our official games database, each page has walkthroughs listed within'.