Hello People!

Tell the community about yourself.
Claires Kempston Joystick
Free Range Egg

Hello People!

Post by Claires Kempston Joystick » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi, :dizzy_smile:

I'm Claire, and I've been playing games since I got my Spectrum in 1986.

I am a full time carer for my two disabled parents.

I've recently got into retro gaming, and have sold all my games and consoles to buy retro stuff. I currently have a Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gamegear, Megadrive, Mastersystem converter, Playstation, NES, N64, Saturn, and a Dreamcast and loads of games.

I still am on the lookout for a 'woody' Atari 2600, and a spectrum+.

My musical tastes cover many things from Elvis, The beatles, etc, right up to anything I like in the charts today. :v2_dizzy_walkman:

I have a special fondness for Goth Music - Mortiis, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Nightwish, Him, and I like different types of Metal - Rammstein, System of a Down, Iron Maiden, etc.

I have 4 pet Budgies, which are rather entertaining!

My fave films are The Ring films. I have the 2 American versions, and the 3 Japanese versions. I am looking forward to The Ring 3 coming out in a year or so.

Anyway, thats me!

Claire :v2_dizzy_happy:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Welcome to the Dizzy Community Claire :) I guessed that you are a Spectrum fan from your username :p

I still own a Spectrum and a Commodore, I don't think they still work though :( and I also have a Megadrive that still works, along with Fantasic Dizzy. :v2_dizzy_smile:

I'm more into adventure, arcade and puzzle games.
_ _
Adz.M

Micrus
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Micrus » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi there, Claire, and welcome to The Dizzy Community! :v2_dizzy_happy:

I am a retro lover too, I especially love games from Commodore 64. I still have it (even two :dizzy_cool :) , and sometimes I play games on it (like yesterday) - one of my favourites is "The Detective Game" (after Dizzy of course!). I have also Playstation One, but it doesn't work (don't know what happened to it.. :( ).

Regards,
Micrus :)

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:56 pm

oh wow, i love nightwish, SOAD, etc.

if you like nightwish, you should listen to Within Temptation. i seriously recommend their album 'The Silent Force', it's amazing. :v2_dizzy_walkman:

welcome to the community btw!

Zurc
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Zurc » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:24 am

Welcome to the forum and thanks for telling us about yourself. Like your profile icon.

Claires Kempston Joystick
Free Range Egg

Within Temptation

Post by Claires Kempston Joystick » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:51 pm

-TF-

I have that Within Tempataion album - it is really good :v2_dizzy_walkman:

My fave track is Angels :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Claire

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 pm

my favourites are 'see who i am', 'Jillian' and 'Forsaken', altho they're all good.

my favourite Nightwish song is Ghost Love Score (i love long epic songs!) and i have End of All Hope as my mobile ringtone, and The Kinslayer as my works mobile ringtone :v2_dizzy_walkman: