Hi Everyone.

Tell the community about yourself.
Apep
Free Range Egg

Hi Everyone.

Post by Apep » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:50 pm

As you already know I go by the name of Apep,...in fact I use that name everywhere I go online.
I'm a 29 year old Scotsman living in the U.S.

I first discovered Dizzy when I was um,....I dunno, 9 or 10 years old, maybe younger. I played the Amstrad CPC 464 version and fell in love with it, long story short I became a collector of all the Dizzy games that were released and still have them somewhere in my Mom and Dads attic which is sadly 4ooo miles away. Not that it matters anyway,..the old Amstrad died a long time ago, so the games were just gathering dust anyway.

I just happened to stumble accross a Dizzy video on You Tube by accident and watching it filled me with a kind of nostalgia and lead me to do some google searches and I found this place.
I figured it was worth stopping by the forums to give my compliments for such a great community and a gold mine of Dizzy treasures. I feel my childhood coming back all over again, I wish I'd found this site sooner :D

One quick question though, I never did finish Spellbound Dizzy before my Amstrad died....are there any re-makes of it available for download?

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:26 pm

welcome to the community Apep!

if you head over to <a href="http://www.yolkfolk.com" target="_blank">www.yolkfolk.com</a>, you'll find a comprehensive list of fan games to download. unfortunately Spellbound Dizzy isn't among them. However i believe PTeal has it on his list as 'next to do', as he has already remade 1, 2, 3, 4 + POTYF. however it will probably be the spectrum version.

alternatively, there are emulators and game files out there, to run the original games on your PC. However we can't tell you where to find them as they're not authorised, so you'll have to do some searching....

another good site to look at is <a href="http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/index.html" target="_blank">DizzyAGE</a>, which has quite a lot of fan games and remakes, and also has the awesome DizzyAGE toolkit that you can download to make your own speccy-style dizzy games!

hope that helps!

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:33 am

As TF says, check out the Dizzy Age fan made missions. Many of them are as good as the official games, if not better. Many of them made by the man above, he is obviously far too modest to say so himself, look for Jamie Douglas. His games are easily the equal of the official ones in size and quality / quantity of puzzles. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Just be aware that Jamie is one devious ?$@?#* :devil: !
Just see the length of the help threads in these forums for proof.
I am not bitter, just stuck in Railroad!!! :v2_dizzy_confused2: AGAIN!! :p :cry:

Apep
Free Range Egg

Post by Apep » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:08 pm

I can't argue with the almighty copyright laws so I guess I'll just wait.
I got plenty other Dizzy stuff to keep me busy in the meantime including 3 or 4 of Jamie Douglas's creations....wish me luck?

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:16 pm

You're gonna need it Apep :p Oh, and welcome to the Dizzy Community :)

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyC » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:18 pm

Welcome to the community, Apep. I would agree entirely with what Adz.M has said!

Apep
Free Range Egg

Post by Apep » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys and if I'm gonna need more than just luck then at least I know where to come for help :dizzy_cool:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:51 pm

hello :v2_dizzy_tongue2:
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Mayboy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mayboy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Welcome, a pleasure to have you as part of the community :v2_dizzy_clapping:
http://www.yolkfolk.com

The place for Dizzy fans!