Amiga Version

Throw those apples!
AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Amiga Version

Postby AndyC » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Does anyone know for definite whether or not Dizzy Down the Rapids was ever released on the Amiga? I've looked on countless sites on the Internet trying to find out, and half the sites I've found say it was whereas the other half say it wasn't!

I hope someone knows, as this has been bothering me for quite a while.

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby pteal79 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:01 pm

not sure on that, i've never seen a copy nor a downloadable rom. :v2_dizzy_frown:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 pm

I've heard that it does officially exist but a ROM doesn't exist which is a shame :(

Joe
Free Range Egg

Postby Joe » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:02 pm

Is there any other non 8-bit version of the game on record (PC or Atari)? Although it says on Wikipedia that all 3 versions exist, I doubt they were ever released. Dizzy games were big sellers, so since it's so hard to find anything that proves the existence of a 16-bit DDTR (a screenshot, a copy on ebay, etc) it suggests it never existed, except maybe at an early stage of production. If it did exist, it'd be a strange decision to put Kwik Snax into the Excellent Dizzy Collection after it was already in the first 16-bit compliation.

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:49 am

Joe wrote:Is there any other non 8-bit version of the game on record (PC or Atari)? Although it says on Wikipedia that all 3 versions exist, I doubt they were ever released. Dizzy games were big sellers, so since it's so hard to find anything that proves the existence of a 16-bit DDTR (a screenshot, a copy on ebay, etc) it suggests it never existed, except maybe at an early stage of production. If it did exist, it'd be a strange decision to put Kwik Snax into the Excellent Dizzy Collection after it was already in the first 16-bit compliation.

It doesn't exactly help to clarify matters that the box design for Dizzy's Excellent Adventures features a picture for the game as the main picture on the top of the box, despite the game not appearing in the collection at all. (I never owned an 8-bit version of this compilation, but have a vague memory of seeing it in the shops with DDTR as one of the games featured, so I assume that's why this picture is included. It still seems odd, though, that they didn't choose a game that's featured on both versions for the main picture).

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:06 pm

AndyC wrote:I never owned an 8-bit version of this compilation, but have a vague memory of seeing it in the shops with DDTR as one of the games featured, so I assume that's why this picture is included.

(Update) I was right about this; I've just seen a copy of Dizzy's Excellent Adventures for the Spectrum for sale on eBay, and it contains DDTR in place of Bubble Dizzy.