Prince's secret sign?!

One for the hardcore fans...
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Prince's secret sign?!

Postby Adz.M » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:47 pm

http://www.nowa_era.republika.pl/genesis.html

I decided to visit dizzy.pl with the Google translator and came across a link to this thread.

What the translator came out was something to do about someone attempting to hack a ROM of the mega drive version of the game and came across this mysterious item going through some image tiles. These links lead to screenshots

http://img218.yfrog.com/i/kopiafantasticdizzyuem5.png/

http://img146.yfrog.com/i/kopiafantasticdizzyuem5.png/

and that this one shows where the item is kept in the game.

http://img34.yfrog.com/i/kopiafantasticdizzyuem5.png/

This is all I could make out when I found this, I don't think this is real or not or something, because surely someone else online could've come across this a while ago, or mind you, I don't think anyone who knew how to hack game ROMs thought about hacking Fantastic Dizzy.

:v2_dizzy_confused2: I don't know really.

AJC24
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby AJC24 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:19 pm

This is not something that exists in the original Mega Drive version anyway... I have that and I have the PC version... this screenshot has definitely been forged from a hack or whatever. I never seen this before, this is completely new to me. It's a shame the person who supplied these screenshots that you found didn't say what the purpose of the Princes Secret Sign was in the game - might have helped us to figure out why it was put there.

Interesting thought though... I like the idea behind it :v2_dizzy_happy:

OrdosAlpha
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby OrdosAlpha » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:02 pm

AJC24 wrote:This is not something that exists in the original Mega Drive version anyway... I have that and I have the PC version... this screenshot has definitely been forged from a hack or whatever. I never seen this before, this is completely new to me. It's a shame the person who supplied these screenshots that you found didn't say what the purpose of the Princes Secret Sign was in the game - might have helped us to figure out why it was put there.

Interesting thought though... I like the idea behind it :v2_dizzy_happy:

Sorry, but the object does exist in the Mega Drive version of the game. Not sure if the item description is 100% legit, but the art of the object is 100% legit. It's loaded into VRAM whenever you enter the area with Prince Clumsy, it's just an unused object that's been left in the ROM. RAM hacking would easily make the object appear and be collectible.

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:43 pm

It's a shame the person who supplied these screenshots

Why you....
Ekhm...I'm the one who hacked it!This item is exist in game!As well as secret music...(but i miraclously got it played)Here,you can take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRV41foaKgY
Unfortunelly i don't know how to make it playing again and full lenght...
Ekhm...Also there is a few other things:
In RAM You can spot strange text:"I'm Prince.And I'm FUNKY!Get ready for Purple rain Bonus!"
Hm...Prince Rogers Nelson Was an american musican.Back in 1993 Prince music was on TOP(Friend told me this-i'm too young...)1993 is year when dizzy came on genesis,right?Also Intruding is that thing:
http://www.lastfm.pl/music/Prince/The+Love+Symbol+Album
This item is actually looking like "Love Symbol"from one of prince albums...
Also "Purple Rain"that is mentioned in found text is one of best Prince Song's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZXnttoHwDw
So My theory about this:
Oliver Twins liked Prince music and putted this item into game.In game you must somehow get this item and when you use it then that message apperas and that strange music will be played.

Versions of game that DOES NOT have this item:
-Fantastic adventures of dizzy Blue(NES)
-Fantastic Adventures of dizzy RED(NES)
-Fantastic Dizzy(Game Gear)
Versions That HAVE this item:
-Every other.

I stopped hacking this version of game.
But i still have some notes(for example-Items position\Music ID list etc.)So if anyone want to make a hack of this version(Like Dizzy Green by Berion)Let me know...Oh and if anyone want save file with that Prince symbol then let me know..

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Why does the bit of tree at the side of Dizzy move with him, and not in the block-fmv bug way? This all seems more than a little odd to me...

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyUK » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

This kind of thing is almost always found in game roms, its just difficult to actually extract art inside game roms because it's often compressed in a strange format. Also it's not easy to know where to look in the rom for specifically unused art either.

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby universospectrum » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:31 pm

This is really interesting!!!

I wonder if there is some cheats to access this during the game... I also wonder that, if this is actually not used in anyway (not even by using cheats) during the game, why didn't they clean up the code?!?!?!

weird mystery, h??!?!
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyUK » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 pm

its just quicker to leave stuff than it is to delete everything you don't use. Also if you start deleting stuff you can accidentally break the game and cause bugs and stuff.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:28 am

Absolutely, this kind of thing happens all the time. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 famously drew that close to the deadline they had to polish and release what was essentially half of the full game, releasing the other half as the Sonic & Knuckles plug-thru cartridge. Music, sprites, scenery tiles and more that were never used are present in pretty much every Sonic game.
This link has some great info on all that kind of stuff.

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby universospectrum » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Hummm... never thought about that... the things we learn hahaha

Anyway Prince's secret sign could, indeed, give them some legal problems, which would be bad for business.

I wonder how many extra-secrets could be in certain games :dizzy_rolleyes:
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt