Prince's secret sign?!

One for the hardcore fans...
Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 am

I suppose there is a chance of a different activation method, but it's very possible that the secret sign was only thought up for the Genesis version, and though all the graphic data may have been ported to the other computers, their programmers might not have known what the secret sign was for and missed implementing it.

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Postby MJongo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:51 am

Dizzy9 wrote:Sorry,but you are wrong.
Item is in PC DOS version.
In polish translation is even translated!
But I can remember someone on dizzy.pl mentioning that she can't find it in DOS version...maybe it was cut from actuall gameplay and is unused in that version?
I was hacking amiga version(just to check Prince sign)as I can remember there was in game,but it was not working.

Oh, ok. Can you even get it in the the Amiga version without hacking like in the Genesis/Mega Drive one?

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:07 pm

On Amiga:Yes,you can get it in the same way as in Genesis version.But it won't work in pool under graveyard.

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Postby MJongo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Dizzy9 wrote:On Amiga:Yes,you can get it in the same way as in Genesis version.But it won't work in pool under graveyard.

Cool, I have one more question: has anyone tried getting it and dropping it in the pool in the Amiga CD32 version?

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:09 pm

I have no clue,sorry

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Postby MJongo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:50 am

Check out what I found:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=29547

Post 36, from delz:
I coded it - aga had parallax quarter pixel scroll and used the unmodified sega genesis graphics (more colours & full image second parallax playfield).

You can copy the cd32 files onto your harddisk and just run the exe file from the cli , use -nocdda or -nocdaudio to disable the cd audio and re-enable the amiga music. You might need to hex dump the exe to find out what the command line parameters are , I forget , it was 1994 when I wrote it...

Try -help , I may have documented them heh

my floppy version was the exact same exe as on the cd32 version, just supplied a different command line option.

There were some other extras in there , a few special aga only puzzles / cheats / secret puzzles & level. Also a few crazy aga graphic effects that we couldn't do on the sega version.

When I dig out the source code I'll post up exactly what was added along with the cheats and secret puzzles.

Also, from the main file when viewed in a hex editing program:
Fantastic Dizzy - CD32 version (C) 1994 Derek Leigh-Gilchrist. Written for a laugh just so I could listen to Prince while playing dizzy on CD32!! AGA enhancements sould be obvious but for people in doubt here is a listof improvements.... Game runs in harmony with Operating System and is hard-disk installable - Ingame screen is 32 pixels wider than A500 version - Background parallax plane is now a full scrolling bitmap image in its own 16 colour palette - A500 version used repeated 64 wide static strips in the second half of game palette - 24bit colour fades (check those morning-day-eve-night fades!) - Depack times have been greatly improved (due to more CHIP memory on the A1200) - Game will always run at 50 frames per second (hopefully!) - Game doesn't multi-load anymore - By seperating the parallax into another palette I have freed up 7 extra colours for sprites (BOBS) on the gamescreen - There is now a SAVEGAME option (press ESC during game...!) - etc. etc....!!

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Yess...I mentioned it on Dizzy.pl forum some time ago:
http://www.forum.dizzy.pl/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ekstras;action=display;num=1289007478
A Denzl note is interesting...
hmm...AGA have extra level?
I can remember Genesis has one broken level in middle of level registers.
I wonder if it is somehow related...
I need to check it out.
EDIT:
Oh,wait your note is from cd32 version?
Hm..my is from normal Amiga version.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 am

Aw, there was an AGA version with the original musical score? Someone should figure out how to run that on an emulator for me. :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:34 am

I remember I was BIG6.
It have a nice menu to select games and instructions for every game.
there was an AGA version with the original musical score?

I'm not sure what you mean,but BIG6 have different music.
here,I uploaded it on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlwLbY5m6I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DERx_XVfefY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNRXiqFezn4
I'm downloading BIG6 now.I can't find AGA Fantastic Dizzy on separate files.

Kogasa
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Kogasa » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Dizzy9 wrote:Yess...I mentioned it on Dizzy.pl forum some time ago:
http://www.forum.dizzy.pl/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ekstras;action=display;num=1289007478
A Denzl note is interesting...
hmm...AGA have extra level?
I can remember Genesis has one broken level in middle of level registers.
I wonder if it is somehow related...
I need to check it out.
EDIT:
Oh,wait your note is from cd32 version?
Hm..my is from normal Amiga version.

Any news?
Did you checked it out?
Are there any new levels and puzzles?
I can't understand much of that foreign forum...but those screenshots are really thrilling.
You know why these GFXs are in the game?