CD32 version

One for the hardcore fans...
iddod
Your Backpack is Empty

CD32 version

Postby iddod » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:34 pm

i can't find any mention of the amiga CD32 version of Fantastic Dizzy, included on the Big Six collection of Dizzy adventures... So i figured i'm raise a few points that seem to have been missed in other threads...

SAVE GAME OPTION
there is an entire thread devoted to the fact that there is no save game option in any version of fantastic dizzy... erm... wrong, the CD32 version has a save option, simply hold down both shoulder buttons on the cd32 pad and choose "save a game position to ram" from the list... to reload a previous save then do the same but choose "load a saved game from ram" instead... from my own experience (i own 2 cd32's and it's the same on both) this save game isn't stored in the flash ram of the console, so when you turn off the machine, the save flies off into the ether, but even so it is very handy for those leap of faith moments and can save a considerable amount of gameplay time... why this wasn't included on any other version is beyond me...

SUBGAMES
the game also has pages of control instructions for various sections, so it's safe to assume this acts as a list for the various subgames included in this version... these are... main game, bubble subgame, minecart subgame, zak's tower subgame, puzzle subgame, archery subgame... if i'm right then that's a full quota of subgames, i've previously read that only the NES version had the full quota of subs (i'm quite willing to be wrong on this cos i'm speaking from memory)
[CENTER]bobbi iddod
poppi iddod
http://www.iddod.co.uk
:v2_dizzy_eek:[/CENTER]

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Welcome to the Community iddod and thanks for sharing this info with us. :)

It's because none of us (or anyone I know here) actually owned an Amiga CD32 or found a way to dowload CD32 stuff on PC, not even me, hence why there's very little information and no screenshots for the CD32 version on this site.

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:51 am

Hi iddod.
:egg: Welcome to the community. :egg:
I do/did (if i can find it) an Amiga CD32, great 'console', and a copy of The Big 6. :D
All of the sections in the forum are split into game sections and not console sections.
As Adz explained not many people actually had an Amiga cd32 and as such is why it isnt mentioned here. Perhaps console specific sections we could add if there were more demand for them.
Thank you though for sharing information with the community and look forward to reading more posts from you soon. :v2_dizzy_happy:
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:03 pm

I've found somewhere BIG6 iso,but lost it.
I remember that there was a 3 music tracks in wav format.
It was played during playing games...I uploaded it some time ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlwLbY5m6I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DERx_XVfefY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNRXiqFezn4&feature=related
Maybe i'll look for it again someday...

bringbackdizzy123
Free Range Egg

Postby bringbackdizzy123 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 pm

I was not so keen on the amiga 32 version the fact that there was no change in music was a big let down for me and the graphics were only slighty better than the megadrive was a tad of a let down to me the best version of this game was the sms version. Having said that I still own an amiga 32 with this and a few other games it was a good system unfortunatly the playstation loomed and by this time amiga was losing money fast shame really.

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 pm

:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

zeropolis79

Postby zeropolis79 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 pm

I made a Big 6 CD for my CD32 using an ISO image.. I thought it was quite good.. helped pass time in hospital.