Megadrive/Amiga Soundtrack - Guitar Tab (Pack 2 is up)

One for the hardcore fans...
DJBaroque
Your Backpack is Empty

Megadrive/Amiga Soundtrack - Guitar Tab (Pack 2 is up)

Post by DJBaroque » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:22 am

This is my first post so please be kind!

The FAoD on the megadrive is possibly my favourite megadrive game ever. It's certainly a top contender for favourite soundtrack of all time. I'm also a guitarist, and I've wanted to be able to play some of the music from the game on my guitar just because I can.

However, there was a problem...I couldn't find the tab, and didn't quite have enough ear skill to work it out. So, just earlier tonight (28th March), I found a batch download (from yolkfolk) of the MOD files for the FAoD game on the Amiga, which are moreorless the same for the MegaDrive/Genesis edition.

I'm going to attempt to convert the MOD to MID, then import in tuxguitar and share the results with you. For all you guitarists out there, TuxGuitar is a free piece of software which works like Guitar Pro or Power Tab (it can play and edit both) as well as it's own .tg format. The programme allows you to play back the tab, loop sections, slow down sections etc to help make learning a song less difficult.

I'm going to be releasing them in 'packs' if you will as and when I complete them, which should be within the next week or so.

---
Pack 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ql9vfzc2gws7sw7

Archery Theme (Outside)
Archery Castle (Inside)
Minecart (Difficult/Fiddily Tab!) :p
Treehouse Village Melody (Lead Melody Only)
---

Pack 2 should be going up tomorrow/later today

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:38 am

Sorry to ask but, what program plays .tg files? :v2_dizzy_confused2:

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Adz
DJBaroque wrote: TuxGuitar is a free piece of software which works like Guitar Pro or Power Tab (it can play and edit both) as well as it's own .tg format.
Insert signature here

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm

DJBaroque wrote: TuxGuitar is a free piece of software which works like Guitar Pro or Power Tab (it can play and edit both) as well as it's own .tg format.
How the hell did I manage to miss that? My bad :v2_dizzy_blush: I'll give it a download tommorrow, when I have a bit more time :)

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:44 am

I've just had a listen and they sound really good, especially the Archery one :v2_dizzy_clapping:

DJBaroque
Your Backpack is Empty

Pack 2

Post by DJBaroque » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Glad you got the file format sorted out. TuxGuitar is such a sterling piece of learning software, and for free!

I had promised to get pack 2 done and sorted out by now, but yesterday time got the better of me. I'm going to start work on pack 2 in just a few moments. It should be up before too long.

DJBaroque
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by DJBaroque » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:53 pm

I can honestly say, some of these themes are NOT guitar friendly!

Pack 2 is up: http://www.mediafire.com/?p3vj5g7lwqju8zz

Pack 2:
Graveyard (Simplified (bit of a problem with the midi export, means this is a simple version of the theme)
Pirate Theme (The theme as you walk the plank - turned out really well)
Town Theme (For those of you who like a challenge, not guitar friendly!)

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:39 am

I see what you mean by the Town theme not being guitar friendly :laugh: But It's still a very good effort though :) and sorry for the late reply :v2_dizzy_blush: