I Can't Believe I Memorized The Route

One for the hardcore fans...
Stephen Parry
Free Range Egg

I Can't Believe I Memorized The Route

Post by Stephen Parry » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 pm

In Fantastic Dizzy, the bit with the mine cart gave me a headache after two attempts. After trying it twice, I became frustrated with the dead ends and the trolls blocking your way. :dizzy_mad:

So I did something which a family member told me was odd - I memorized the route until I knew it off by heart. Well, it was the only way to beat that particular obstacle. With the help of a notepad and a pencil, I drew a little map, learning every bend, every dead end, etc. And after I had memorized it, I tackled it with ease.

How did anyone else find the mine cart level? Did you just hope for the best each time or was there anyone else who tried to memorize the route?

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:35 am

I like to keep these maps handy. :D

Rog'er Fahrenheit
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Rog'er Fahrenheit » Sun May 11, 2014 6:38 pm

I memorised the route when I was a kid, but then didn't touch this game for nearly 20 years. When I played again I discovered that I still knew the way perfectly! The stars are very useful pointers in some places (so going through a second time is harder), but I also developed some other mental cues, such as the shape of the tracks, and the fact that most of the time you should go right, not left.