Was to be a SNES (Super Nintendo) version?

One for the hardcore fans...
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Was to be a SNES (Super Nintendo) version?

Postby Adz.M » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:51 pm

I should have posted this sooner when Retro Asylum did a podcast episode about Codemasters.

I posted on the comments section of the page. Here's a piece of what I said.

I can think of a few reasons why Dizzy started going downhill further down the line. Besides the Olivers leaving Codies around 1994, Codemasters didn’t release any games on SNES which I guess had something to do with the court case with Nintendo. The Micro Machines games on SNES got published by Ocean. Codies did manage to sneak their logo on Micro Machines 2.

Soon, someone called aghogg who I assume is possibly Ash Hogg who was one of Fantastic Dizzy's programmers. He said this.

SNES development was indeed trickier than the other consoles for Codies, from a legal point of view, requiring an intermediary like Ocean. I had actually got a lot of Fantastic Dizzy ported from Megadrive to SNES before they decided not to see it through to completion. A shame really, it was looking nice…

He'd been posting on the Retro Asylum forum last month sharing some of his memories on the thread about the podcast episode.

GORT
Free Range Egg

Postby GORT » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:53 am

It's a shame that didn't go through. Nintendo really had a stick up their butt at that time when it came to their licensing. Can you imagine the music for it on the SNES? I'm glad that it came for the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive, though.
~SMDM~
Zaks Castle(NES) MIDI[color="DarkOrange"] 70.25%[/color] (Still being delayed...) :v2_dizzy_dry:
[B][color="#0000FF"]Thief 2 Dizzy Project:[/color]
(Redoing it all from scratch...) :v2_dizzy_rolleyes:
[color="Blue"]TROTB2: [/color](Beta-testing almost done...) :v2_dizzy_cool:

ПАУК
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby ПАУК » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:56 pm

Well, for PS2 Dizzy also was Cancelled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTXtcr3r8g
But unknown what game.