Your favourite version

One for the hardcore fans...

What's your favourite version of this game?

Sega Genesis/MegaDrive
49%
Sega Master System/Game Gear
3%
Amiga
15%
Nintendo (Any version)
23%
PC DOS
10%

Total votes: 39

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Your favourite version

Post by Adz.M » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Cast a vote and make a comment on your favourite version of this game here

PLEASE DO NOT GO OFF-TOPIC ON THIS POLL
Thank you :)

My favourite version is Sega Genesis/MegaDrive :)

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Mega Drive

Gunnex
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Gunnex » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:44 pm

Genesis. :tup: To the point where I emulate it on my DS 'cuz I haven't finished my Nomad battery pack yet. :dizzy_mad: But I have a question, was it on more than one nintendo system? :v2_dizzy_confused3:

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:53 am

Gunnex wrote:But I have a question, was it on more than one nintendo system? :v2_dizzy_confused3:
I believe there was two versions for the nintendo, the standard NES version and one that takes advantage of the Aladain deck enhancer

Mervin1337
Your Backpack is Empty

Mega Drive for the win...

Post by Mervin1337 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:24 am

When my sister turned seven among her presents there was a Sega Mega Drive with fantastic dizzy. I've been playing this game for 12 years soon and it still is the bests game ever made. I know the game inside and out.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

8 Bit Rules :D

Post by Mataeus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:55 am

I have voted for the NES plug-through version. I wasn't aware there was another NES version of Fantasic Adventures of Dizzy apart from this one.

Having played the game on the Game Gear, Master System and Mega Drive (all original as well as emulated) I have to say the NES version is by far the superior.

Okay, it doesn't have parallax scrolling backgrounds of 16 bit resolution sprites and it does have some sprite-flicker at times (fixed on the emulator) but it's got so much more quality content than the other versions. The game is far bigger than the Mega-Drive version with plenty of extra stuff to do and mini-games to take part in and for me the extra content gets my vote over the prettier 16 bit graphics.

The console and PC games never handled as well as the Spectrum / Commodore originals though - the game play there was just perfect. In the NES version of Fantastic Dizzy can feel a bit 'glidey' at times, particularly after jumping some where and the MD version he just walks too sloooow but I feel the PC conversions missed the mark totally - I find our little white friend almost uncontrollable with either keyboard / joypad! His jump is just all wrong...

Yup, NES version of this for me but I'd still rather take my Commodore games home any day... :v2_dizzy_walkman:

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:03 pm

Ah yes, there are too versions.. Managed to get a hold of both on the emulator scene. The little version is essentially pointless, very cut down. (to give you an exacmple, theres only 100 stars to collect instead of 250. Big difference.) Also, the minigames with exception of the extra life seem to be missing... that's poo, isn't it!
But yeah, the big version is great.

Does the genesis version have the 'down the rapids' section? I can't seem to find it!

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:56 am

NES verion.
There's no Rapid Dizzy in Ganesis version.

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Neither has the Amiga version. I may be wrong but it seems that the Nintendo version is the only one with the Rapids section; on all the others you can pick the barrel up from the right hand end of Bridge Street with nothing to impede you.

Am I right in thinking that the Nintendo version is also the only one to have a plant producing a poisonous spray (on the board to the right of the Yolkfolk village where you get the mushroom for Grand Dizzy's medicine)?

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Ehh...In Blue and red version some items are placed in different locations.