Your favourite version

One for the hardcore fans...

What's your favourite version of this game?

Sega Genesis/MegaDrive
47%
Sega Master System/Game Gear
3%
Amiga
16%
Nintendo (Any version)
24%
PC DOS
11%

Total votes: 38

Navilete
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Navilete » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:34 pm

Dizzy9 wrote:Ehh...In Blue and red version some items are placed in different locations.

By the way there was a version on NEK (in its Russia name the Dendy), what Dizzi very-oen slowly goes, and what of a vault not to jump out in any way (((.Hy it knows? And a question. Where the key which was given by the king for the rescued cow approaches?

Jabie
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Jabie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:30 am

You're missing the PC version in your poll. I'm playing that on DOSBox.

Big Dizzy D
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Big Dizzy D » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:30 pm

I have this game on both the NES and Sega Megadrive but the Megadrive had the best Dizzy game graphics we have seen, they looked so smooth and colourful so the Megadrive gets my vote :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:35 am

AndyC wrote:Neither has the Amiga version. I may be wrong but it seems that the Nintendo version is the only one with the Rapids section; on all the others you can pick the barrel up from the right hand end of Bridge Street with nothing to impede you.

I believe that's also how you get the barrel of pirate's rum in the "blue version"; there the pickaxe is your prize for going down the rapids instead. But now I need to find where they moved the pickaxe in the "red version", because that was my ticket to the part of the game that apes Treasure Island Dizzy!

(I've been sampling both versions for a little while now, trying to decide which one is more difficult...)

EDIT: Oh, they left it on the beach. Well that's convenient. But I'm sure it would still tempt the average player to try to use it all over the diamond mine either way.

Lemmy556
Free Range Egg

Postby Lemmy556 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Is there a rapid part in DOS version?

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:47 am

I don't know yet, but I did find out the river rapid game is still in the Master System/Game Gear versions, only it's a bit different: Dizzy's barrel moves a lot faster, and the trolls no longer attack from the water or the land. Instead their barrels float across certain points of the river on balloons to bomb Dizzy from above, but it's rare that you'll ever end up near them, so overall that part of the game is a lot easier. Other things were made harder, though; I like how the Keldor castle shoot-out is much faster-paced. Oh, and I never found any side exits to the other streets from the river like the NES version has.

AndyC wrote:Am I right in thinking that the Nintendo version is also the only one to have a plant producing a poisonous spray (on the board to the right of the Yolkfolk village where you get the mushroom for Grand Dizzy's medicine)?

Was it a plant? I thought it was supposed to be a volcano off in the distance, spewing molten rock onto Dizzy's location. Anyway, it is also in the Master System and Game Gear versions, only it spews even faster!

bringbackdizzy123
Free Range Egg

Postby bringbackdizzy123 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:24 pm

The master system version had the rapids but im pretty sure it did not have the poisonus plant the best version was the nes big version got the rapids game in it even though it was flaming annoying wosrt version pc dos and game gear :dizzy_biggrin: :v2_dizzy_thumbsup: :v2_dizzy_tongue:

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Were the NES versions also the only ones with those instant-death rope traps, where you have to jump through a thin white line to survive?

Lemmy556
Free Range Egg

Postby Lemmy556 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Bag of Magic Food wrote:Were the NES versions also the only ones with those instant-death rope traps, where you have to jump through a thin white line to survive?

Good point. Cant remember those at any other versions I played.
Uhhh.. Just like Lemmings 2. So many differences with all versions...

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:14 am

Lemmings 2 needs to be the Amiga version. The original and best!