Sorry, but i have to ask this...

Completed the crystal maze?
AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:50 pm

I bought this (Amiga version) in 1993, and didn't think much of it at the time, so I hardly ever played it. I came back to it several years later, and found it to be much better than I remembered it.

Annie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Annie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Adz.M wrote:I'm afraid due to legal reasons, none of us are allowed to distribute or give links to where you can download ROMs, sorry :(

I think once most of Yolkfolk.com is sorted out they'll be a DizzyAGE remake, but don't ask me when that's gonna happen lol.

Thats a shame, cause it's one of my faves.

Thanks anyway.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:28 am

[color="DarkGreen"]I like Crystal Kingdom very much and every Dizzy fan should play it. But it's true that because of the game being split into four levels which are given passwords for returning later, you could complete it in very little time with repeated play.

I particularly liked the rather bizarre and unfitting reference to Richard O'Brien and his Crystal Maze. Do you think he ever knew about how he was immortalised in the ovoids world? :dizzy_wink: [/color]

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:59 pm

Crystal Maze rocks!

:v2_dizzy_walkman:

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:09 pm

Meph wrote:Crystal Maze rocks!

:v2_dizzy_walkman:

[color="DarkGreen"]Indeed it does :v2_dizzy_fingers: Sorry to drift slightly off topic, but I quite liked Ed Tudor Pole's seasons as well.[/color]

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:15 pm

oh no... he was awful.. i found him rather dull and unfunny.
Richard was alittle creepy as he seems to always be.. which made it more enjoyable to watch... but thats my opinion.

lol
:v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:44 am

I prefer Richard O'Brien, I saw the first series of the Crystal Maze not very long ago, he has Mumsy in the Medieval zone :p

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:38 am

[color="DarkGreen"]Oh yeah, I definitely prefer Richard presenting it (with his mumsy and harmonica :v2_dizzy_walkman :) I just think that ETP wasn't as bad as every one thought is all... But yes, Richard's series' were the best ones. He was creepy wasn't he... I recently watched an interview with him on my Rocky Horror special edition dvd. He looks / dresses the same in real life even now, he just looks 10 years older! :O

Once again, sorry for drifting... Maybe the Crystal Maze should have it's own section, especially with the Crystal Kingdom connection :D [/color]

Deejay
Free Range Egg

Postby Deejay » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:53 pm

I had Crystal Kingdom Dizzy on the Amiga. Luckily my old man had got my brother and I a 500+ around the time of the Speccy's demise.

I've got to say it's my second least favourite Dizzy adventure game, after the original. I hated that fact it had levels, above all of the other changes. A lot of the movement mechanics changes were probably made to make it more contemporary, and those I can forgive... But levels? It ruined the sense of having an open world to explore, and it also affects the way as a player one approaches puzzles.

As an aside - I was livid at Codies for giving away free posters in Amiga versions of Excellent Adventures and not the Speccy one. As a 10 year old, I felt really betrayed!

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyUK » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:56 am

It was made by a different team wasn't it. I think they were given a whole year to make a full price game for Xmas. Yeah sure a poster, some stickers and one of those collectors cards was nice to get in the box but I would have preferred a better game to be honest.

Dizzy 1 to 3 and fast food was made by the Oliver twins, almost everything else was made by Big Red software. I think Crystal kingdom dizzy was made by some guys called Visual impact?