Daisy Goes Solo (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:22 pm

the gooner wrote:if youve found the chest in the tree complex thats not the magic chest, as the magic chest isnt locked.
but the locked one is :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

you can get into the locked chest once youve been in the locked shed.
now think where you might keep the shed keys, try looking around the tree complex at a snails pace
Duh! That was a schoolgirl error, too busy checking for loose window frames didn't think to try the door...! Thanks

the gooner
Free Range Egg

Post by the gooner » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:37 pm

glad you got through it, theres a few areas that you can get into that all help
see LDoY posts for the other one

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:42 am

:v2_dizzy_confused3: I really want this to be the last time I ask for help! I am missing 2 coins (well 3 actually, but I can see the other one just haven't worked out how to get to it yet (below the snakes) and looking at earlier comments I think they may be hidden in the same place? I don't seem to have found two hidden together yet, I have all the obvious ones (obviously :dizzy_wink :) and have the two? hidden on deserted island. I think I need these now to progress but I also haven't managed to solve what people keep referring to as the sun/mirror bit. Presume I need the mirror to reflect the sun to crack the stone??? or am I completely off track..? Have tried placing said item everywhere near it to no avail...

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:38 am

AddictedDizzy, having two secret panels in the Temple Library was a sort of hint that there may be other objects that contain more than one item. It's always worth checking certain objects again just to make sure I wasn't being extra sneaky.

Yes, you do need to reflect the sun with the mirror ...but if there's no sunshine in the room, then there's nothing for the mirror to reflect.

The coin on the ledge under the snakes cannot be reached by jumping around.

Hope this helps.

Grandad

the gooner
Free Range Egg

Post by the gooner » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:18 pm

addicteddizzy wrote: :v2_dizzy_confused3: I really want this to be the last time I ask for help! I am missing 2 coins (well 3 actually, but I can see the other one just haven't worked out how to get to it yet (below the snakes) and looking at earlier comments I think they may be hidden in the same place? I don't seem to have found two hidden together yet, I have all the obvious ones (obviously :dizzy_wink :) and have the two? hidden on deserted island. I think I need these now to progress but I also haven't managed to solve what people keep referring to as the sun/mirror bit. Presume I need the mirror to reflect the sun to crack the stone??? or am I completely off track..? Have tried placing said item everywhere near it to no avail...
how does dizzy normally crack a stone ? you used it earlier in the game

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks Grandad and Gooner, that all helped! This last coin is evading me though - the balloon??? Although I've tried floating down / up and it doesn't seem to want to carry the weight of an egg... I genuinely can't think of any other item I have that will help, have tried charming the snakes but evidently snakes don't like pan pipes, ha ha! Unless I'm just standing in the wrong place (as is usual with me!!).

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:08 am

You're on a wooden ledge above a coin that you can't reach by jumping around. If you're still stuck, look at some UK tv listings for this coming Friday. There is a programme in the evening on Channel 5 that actually has the item you need in the title.

Grandad

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Grandad wrote:You're on a wooden ledge above a coin that you can't reach by jumping around. If you're still stuck, look at some UK tv listings for this coming Friday. There is a programme in the evening on Channel 5 that actually has the item you need in the title.

Grandad

Ha ha! Thanks - good clue! Sometimes I make things so difficult for myself :D BUT I have now finished, yay!!! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

This was a great game Grandad, it did have a slightly different feel (maybe it's because it was Daisy!) but I really enjoyed it, the puzzles were logical but challenging and I liked the different sections and the transport method between them. It would have been good to have an end screen or some dialogue between Daisy and her beloved especially with the twist of playing as her for a change. Overall I thought it was very well done and can't wait to play more games of yours! Thanks for all your help :v2_dizzy_smile:

g_mack
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by g_mack » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:39 am

I'm stuck - please help! I can only find 30 coins, so can't get past Visa man. I have the two from the locked treasure chest, so there must be another two hidden somewhere but I'm sure I've looked everywhere! Any ideas? I've not got the red ball yet, should I have found that by now, or do you have to get past Visa man for that? Also haven't figured out what to give to the red sailor, so am again wondering if you need to get past Visa man. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:30 am

g_mack wrote:I'm stuck - please help! I can only find 30 coins, so can't get past Visa man. I have the two from the locked treasure chest, so there must be another two hidden somewhere but I'm sure I've looked everywhere! Any ideas? I've not got the red ball yet, should I have found that by now, or do you have to get past Visa man for that? Also haven't figured out what to give to the red sailor, so am again wondering if you need to get past Visa man. :v2_dizzy_confused2:
There are two more "hidden" on deserted island and I honestly can't remember where others were hidden so may just be a case of actioning everywhere until you get some joy - none of them are very hard - just try the usual, window frames, railings, bushes etc. Both the red ball and the red sailor will be solved after you get the coins and they are linked!!