Daisy Goes Solo (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 pm

ClientFan wrote:I'm being a total thicko here, I understand the concept of each trial having a number of candles that corresponds to the advice given by the monks, and I remember what they all said. But I'm having no luck with 'overcoming death' - so do I need to 'solve' something in the 'trial 1' room first :v2_dizzy_confused2: because if so, there is nothing in that room apart from two teleports and a lift, and seemingly no space in which to do anything meaningful anyway! In terms of 'material possessions' all I can think of is something to do with the gold ring, but all that does is drop on the floor. Everyone else seems to have got through this part without any trouble :v2_dizzy_blush: :cry:
I was confused by this too, but there isn't anything you need to do in that room (as far as I know - unless there's something later on in the game). Go into trial room 2, and have a look at the candles - notice anything different about them? You should have an object you can use.

Also, it's then not that obvious that you've solved it - I spent ages running around thinking I had to do something else, and then decided to chance a jump and see - and discovered that it was ok.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:09 pm

The second trial is prompted by the clue 'when harmony is restored there is no death'.

Right, have fixed a few bugs ...and changed the 'first trial', now to play it through and if it's OK, I'll send Alex version 1.02.

Grandad

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:13 pm

Grandad wrote:The second trial is prompted by the clue 'when harmony is restored there is no death'.

Right, have fixed a few bugs ...and changed the 'first trial', now to play it through and if it's OK, I'll send Alex version 1.02.

Grandad
Ah, makes sense! This is such a good game - it just keeps getting bigger!

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:51 pm

seems OK, so have just sent Alex version 1.02 ..unfortunately, had to move the coin from the monk's head (but you can still jump on his head).

Grandad

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:35 pm

another way to have done it would have been to give that coin an ID, then change the O_Y position of the coin object at the same time you disable the monk, thus moving the coin object down to the ground when the monk disappears. ;)

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

ClientFan
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by ClientFan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks for that hint everyone, was a massive help and I've been glued to the PC for the last four hours solid :embarassed: progressing further.

I'm now stuck at that last 'spring-loaded' hurdle though, and am wondering if I have tripped myself up through object use? The only fruits I can get at this stage are a tomato or an apple, both of which result in scrambled egg. I could have also had cherries, rhubarb and a lemon (and an egg? fruit??) earlier in the game, but not by this point with the use I've made of corresponding objects... :dizzy_confused:

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm

ah you'll have to think out of the box for this kind of fruit its not one of the most obvious ones - maybe thinking of horses could help find this fruit!!!!!
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:07 am

another way to have done it would have been to give that coin an ID, then change the O_Y position of the coin object at the same time you disable the monk, thus moving the coin object down to the ground when the monk disappears.
D'uh! How obvious. I'd been faffing around thinking about static brushes with a disabled dynamic coin ..but couldn't get my head round it, so ended up just putting it behind the monk. But, this 'solution' has lots of potential for the future. Thanks Jamie

Grandad

ClientFan
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by ClientFan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:28 pm

quiggie wrote:ah you'll have to think out of the box for this kind of fruit its not one of the most obvious ones - maybe thinking of horses could help find this fruit!!!!!
Of course... :v2_dizzy_happy:

Great game grandad, loved all the little idiosyncracies and the way that when you just thought you were getting somewhere, the game would get bigger and bigger! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

the gooner
Free Range Egg

Post by the gooner » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:33 pm

help am still stuck with the rat and trial 2

how do you light the candle - dont seem to have anything that can light.did think about the big stone sparking but that didnt work.
and the rat -hanky is in the hole cheese is down the other but i need to do something else
:dizzy_confused: :dizzy_confused:

please help cheers

Edit : i have
empty bucket, oil, wire cutters, screwdriver,axe,pickaxe,large stone,cnker,fan, mirror, plunger, megaphone and yllow ball