Winter Nightmare Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Winter Nightmare Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Post by delta » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:26 am

If you need any help with Winter Nightmare Dizzy, post here and someone will be sure to help you :)

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Okay. So.....
[SPOILERS]
I've solved every puzzle I've happened across except for finding Denzil's headphones and I have 24 out of 25 Ice Cubes (including the tough ones from behind the column, the railings, the leaves, the handles, the clouds (including the one above where you use the crate) etc.). The only present I can still see on the map is the one behind the 25 Ice Cube door. Here's the thing: I've looked everywhere I deem to be feasible (including using the 'on the snow' techniques a la Winter World Dizzy) and I can't find that last cube! The only unused item I have is the dried firewood. So I'm thinking one of two things: Either I have to find the last Ice Cube to get behind that door and that gift belongs to Denzil, or I have to find a use for the dried firewood to get Denzils gift, trade it with him for the last Ice Cube and then get behind the door and that's Dizzy's gift.
So here's where I am stuck: I can't find either the final Ice Cube or a use for the firewood! I have visited the secret room, too.
[SPOILER END]
Overall I've thoroughly enjoyed it, just as I did Winter World Dizzy in fact. I like the idea of revisiting classic maps but in a different theme! I must admit, I didn't expect it to be this one. Great work :v2_dizzy_clapping:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:03 pm

[SPOILER]
you need to find the ice cube first.

I realise it's an absolute sod to find - in fact, even though you haven't found it yet, you don't have any idea just how much of a sod it is.

All I'll say for the moment is that you can see a very very slight clue to it's location as you walk around, but it really is very very slight. If you're not paying severe attention, you'll miss it. Chances are good that even if you are, you'll still miss it. It really is a case of just one or two pixels that don't occur as you'd expect them to.
;)
[END SPOILER]

I get the feeling that this is one of those things that everyone will get stuck on, and I'll end up pointing you in the direction of the specific room it's in.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Intriguing! I'm dead now after trying silly jumps off clouds, so I'm going to fire it straight back up and get this egg cracked!
Thanks for the tip!

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:54 am

i'm at the same place as you mataeus - finding that last ice cube is driving me crazy - i keep dying with my 24 cubes cause i'm trying around flames and things - but still loving the game - gonna put me specs on to see if anything looks different :v2_dizzy_confused2: by the way jamie is the outdoor shelter the secret room?
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:21 am

Yes it is the secret room annie. :)

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

ice cube knightmare dizzy

Post by gavlaa » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:40 am

Has anyone finished the game yet? I'm finding it a struggle, to find that last ice cube, to say the least.

I dont know why I spelt nightmare like that. Must be the something to do with the fan game.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:50 pm

oh well it looks like i'm gonna have to sit it out till mr JD reveals what room that last bloody cube is in!!! i obviously don't know my pixels from my pixies - its a real frustrating bugger when you know you've only one thing to find [sight] :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Jamie your clue has given me an idea! I think I know where this is going to be hidden... I'm pretty sure I'm going to be right too! Here I go :D

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:57 pm

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha I FOUND IT - you sneaky bugger jamie - off to finish now - good luck mataeus its a hard one - i'm sure i was round there before and didn't find it :v2_dizzy_clapping: