Winter Nightmare Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Great little (for a change :dizzy_wink :) game Jamie!! Just finished in 20 minutes with all 3 lives, can you tell it wasn't exactly my first attempt..... :v2_dizzy_clapping:

ianbadams
Your Backpack is Empty

Still stuck on Winter Nightmare

Post by ianbadams » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 pm

I have 22 cubes.

Is there a map which I can view of the whole game??

I have the sword handle cube, the leaves cube, the dock cube, railings cube, chain cube, column cube, torch cube, cloud below prayer book cube etc...

I'm struggling now.

What happens with the secret room? I cant find a cube there...? Also is there a way of getting in to the tree tops above where daisy is?

Thanks

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:42 pm

in order:

yes there is a map - on my computer! :p I'll be leaving it a month (at least) before i put it up on my website (http://www.dizzystories.co.uk), as I don't want to spoil peoples enjoyment. :)

there are two cubes hidden by leaves, and a few hidden by railings. I *think* those will be the ones you need.

The secret room is just for show, and to show off the DizzyAGE logo :)

There is no way of getting above Daisy.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

ianbadams
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ianbadams » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:18 pm

haha... thanks..

I think i may have those cubes already..but clearly there's more.

im unsure what to use the firewood, torch, sword handle, chain, column for... unless they are just object which his cubes.

This is tough. It gets to the point where its like hitting a brickwall. haha... :v2_dizzy_confused2:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:57 pm

ianbadams wrote:haha... thanks..

I think i may have those cubes already..but clearly there's more.

im unsure what to use the firewood, torch, sword handle, chain, column for... unless they are just object which his cubes.

This is tough. It gets to the point where its like hitting a brickwall. haha... :v2_dizzy_confused2:
the items that hide cubes do exactly that, and no more. :)

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyC » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Just did a speed run which came in at 20 minutes 43 seconds. I think I should be able to get it under 20 minutes as I forgot one thing and had to double back, and was also messing around for a couple of minutes trying to get the difficult ice cube. :dizzy_mad:

Ghostface
Free Range Egg

Post by Ghostface » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:13 pm

In need of a tip or advice... got 23 cubes and cant find any cubes in the suggested location near SPOILERS: Death, or the second one behind leaves,ive tried everywhere.. i got the leaves behind the lion,the chain,the torch,the rail in the castle,column,one in the cloud,and i cant find anything near Denzil,i have given everyone presents apart from Denzil,looks like im at the SOLID part of the game!

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:40 pm

the other leaf is near Dylan, or the screen before,
And theres one near the reaper.. but sometimes you can get it and sometimes it just doesn't work.. ( perhaps a bug?0
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:50 pm

Meph wrote:the other leaf is near Dylan, or the screen before,
And theres one near the reaper.. but sometimes you can get it and sometimes it just doesn't work.. ( perhaps a bug?0
nope, no bug. you just have to sink through the snow at *exactly* the right position (above the right-most 'railing' making up the dock). walk around on top of the snow until you find the right position to sink through. :)

and the other leaf is on the screen with dylan in. i think you have to be stood right on the top of the snow though. ;)

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:37 pm

well it doesn't always seem too work.
At one stage i guessed it's only activated after you get so far as i couldn't get it early in the game.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in