Feverbound Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 pm

WhyNotSmile wrote:Woo hoo, finished! Loved it!!

Excellent !!! Well Done :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Another finisher yee hee lol... :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

TheDizzyHawk
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by TheDizzyHawk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:21 am

Can anyone give me a little hint about how to get rid of the ghost down in the basement? I've tried all my items, refilled can of oil, Dylan's spray repellent, aqualung, flippers, solderer, trowel, magnet, but have run out of ideas! Am absolutely loving this game by the way, really impressive and can't wait to see what's next! Thanks!

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks for the comments, pleased you are.

Youve actually got the item you need, just need to use at the right spot just a bit in from the left on the ground when the ghost is away from you :v2_dizzy_happy:

TheDizzyHawk
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by TheDizzyHawk » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks for the ghost hint, have no idea why I was missing that! :v2_dizzy_blush:

Am also now at the stage a few others on here have been at, with 48 coins and the amulet, uncoated! Think I have tried every railing, clump of leaves etc for the last two but they are eluding me :(
Any chance of a coin list too? Can't wait to see what's beyond zaks!
Thanks.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 am

OK, I've finally accepted defeat and looked through this thread and am still being as thick as a plank ...and so early in the game too!!!!!

I've opened the grate by the station, but none of the items I have do anything on the column by the eye. I've got as far as the hospital entrance ...and diligently searched the grounds. Ive been through the tree complex and think I've jumped everywhere and tried everything on the machinery and the grating at the very top...and nothing seems to work on the pirate. I've even tried using the chisel everywhere but nothing seems to happen.

I have a chisel, some oil, the enticing stuff, scuba, milk, rope, trowel, hammer and magnet.

As I'm still in the very early part of this game could someone just let me know what I should do with any one of the items I have rather than giving me an oblique clue ...pretty please!

Grandad

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Grandad wrote:OK, I've finally accepted defeat and looked through this thread and am still being as thick as a plank ...and so early in the game too!!!!!

I've opened the grate by the station, but none of the items I have do anything on the column by the eye. I've got as far as the hospital entrance ...and diligently searched the grounds. Ive been through the tree complex and think I've jumped everywhere and tried everything on the machinery and the grating at the very top...and nothing seems to work on the pirate. I've even tried using the chisel everywhere but nothing seems to happen.

I have a chisel, some oil, the enticing stuff, scuba, milk, rope, trowel, hammer and magnet.

As I'm still in the very early part of this game could someone just let me know what I should do with any one of the items I have rather than giving me an oblique clue ...pretty please!

Grandad
Have you used the chisel at all yet? If not, you need to work on that... Here are some clues, in increasing order of obviousness!... warning, by the end these are blindingly obvious!

The thing you are trying to get with the chisel will help you get over the causeway to the left of the hospital. There is a message there to give a hint.

You will have seen the item, but maybe not noticed. It's near where you started.

You need to chip the item out of the wall it's embedded in.

Go to the screen to the right of the library.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks WhyNotSmile ...I had to use the 'blindingly obvious' clue. Typically it was practically the only place in the whole map that I hadn't tried using the chisel!!

Grandad

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:58 pm

TheDizzyHawk wrote:Thanks for the ghost hint, have no idea why I was missing that! :v2_dizzy_blush:

Am also now at the stage a few others on here have been at, with 48 coins and the amulet, uncoated! Think I have tried every railing, clump of leaves etc for the last two but they are eluding me :(
Any chance of a coin list too? Can't wait to see what's beyond zaks!
Thanks.

Hi, check your private message, ive sent a coin list :v2_dizzy_happy:

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Grandad wrote:Thanks WhyNotSmile ...I had to use the 'blindingly obvious' clue. Typically it was practically the only place in the whole map that I hadn't tried using the chisel!!

Grandad

Hi Steve, this puzzle seems to have turned out to be the most troubling one to solve to progress but when you do it should lead to start & open the game up.

TheDizzyHawk
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by TheDizzyHawk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:21 am

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk wrote:Hi, check your private message, ive sent a coin list :v2_dizzy_happy:
Hi Matt, thanks so much for the coin list, was definately needed! Would never have found the hidden coin on the way up to Dora's on my own! :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Decided to play the whole game again from scratch, so pleasurable when you know you're not going to have that sinking feeling of being one coin short at the end of a game. Anyway, am finished now and thought the whole game was fantastic. Especially loved all the interaction with the yolkfolk and thought the puzzles were at the perfect level of difficulty. Really really great work, massive kudos to you. Can't wait to see the next one!
:v2_dizzy_clapping: