Daisy Goes Solo Pt. 2 (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Post Reply
gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 am

Daisy Goes Solo Pt. 2 (HELP THREAD)

Post by gavlaa » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:59 am

I guess I'll kick off the help thread for this one. Great game by the way and very impressive how quickly you got it out after the first one.

Anyway, I'm stuck!

I've got to a room called "Citadel Lower Floor" and I'm completely clueless on how its even possible to do get to the door before the timer runs out. Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gavlaa

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Balham - gateway to the south

Post by Grandad » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Well, the resident of the citadel is rather devious...perhaps he's just trying to mess with your head.

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 am

Post by gavlaa » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Grandad wrote:Well, the resident of the citadel is rather devious...perhaps he's just trying to mess with your head.
Thanks for the reply Grandad but I've got no idea what to do. If your hint refers to the hat then I've worn it whilst attempting to reach the door, again with no success.

Gavlaa

Forget that I've just got it. I feel such an idiot

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:36 pm
Location: Belfast
Contact:

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:26 pm

This is such a good game! I'm stuck already though... have made it to the Shaman and the village, but now seem to be hemmed in by the following: a monkey, a snake, a lion, some rhinos, and a couple of tigers(?). Also can't get up over the overhanging ledge, or find anything to do with the soft ground which is now on the other side of the snake.

I have: mushroom(for the missionary, I guess), claw hammer (to swap), golf club, spanner, flask of rubber, some flowers in various colours, coconut, machete, screwdriver, spanner, flag and flagpole. Oh, and the whip, which I'm using.

Any suggestions as to what I should tackle next?

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 am

Post by gavlaa » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:01 pm

WhyNotSmile wrote:This is such a good game! I'm stuck already though... have made it to the Shaman and the village, but now seem to be hemmed in by the following: a monkey, a snake, a lion, some rhinos, and a couple of tigers(?). Also can't get up over the overhanging ledge, or find anything to do with the soft ground which is now on the other side of the snake.

I have: mushroom(for the missionary, I guess), claw hammer (to swap), golf club, spanner, flask of rubber, some flowers in various colours, coconut, machete, screwdriver, spanner, flag and flagpole. Oh, and the whip, which I'm using.

Any suggestions as to what I should tackle next?
Yep, this has to be one of the harder fan games I've played.

You should concentrate on the coconut and finding a way to split it.

Good luck

Gavlaa

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:36 pm
Location: Belfast
Contact:

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:42 pm

gavlaa wrote:Yep, this has to be one of the harder fan games I've played.

You should concentrate on the coconut and finding a way to split it.

Good luck

Gavlaa
Thanks Gavlaa, that got me a lot further on. Still trying to get rid of a snake and a hyena! Is there anything to do in the desert? And is there a route through the Game Reserve that brings me to anything new, or is it just a place to wander in circles (as i have been doing for some time now!)?

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 am

Post by gavlaa » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:05 pm

WhyNotSmile wrote:Thanks Gavlaa, that got me a lot further on. Still trying to get rid of a snake and a hyena! Is there anything to do in the desert? And is there a route through the Game Reserve that brings me to anything new, or is it just a place to wander in circles (as i have been doing for some time now!)?
Your best bet would be to go and speak to a few of the resort guests. Make sure they cant see you when you do though. :laugh:

User avatar
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1244
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 am
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Post by frogandhat » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 pm

WhyNotSmile wrote:Thanks Gavlaa, that got me a lot further on. Still trying to get rid of a snake and a hyena! Is there anything to do in the desert? And is there a route through the Game Reserve that brings me to anything new, or is it just a place to wander in circles (as i have been doing for some time now!)?
I am also having trouble shifting the Hyena - use Gavlaa's help to sort out another animal.
With regards to the Game Reserve, try the usual maze trick of dumping an item in each room and using that as a method to map the maze. But there doesnt appear to be anything there!

Now, if I could only get out of the Trap Room......

User avatar
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1244
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 am
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Post by frogandhat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 am

Now i am stuck, the objects i have are: USED - hat, machete, whip, lassoo, gun, golf club & UNUSED - screwdriver, spanner, lots of flowers, flag and flagpole, dynamite and detonator, cleaning fluid, book on celeste, glass shards
the puzzles i appear to have left to solve are: getting past the hyena, getting the key from the citadel / escaping from the trap, getting 10 coins for the diamond - i havent found any!, the soft earth by the hazel trees and possibly becoming a holy ghost
and i thought i was doing so well!! i know where to dig the well, but obviously need the coins to do so.
can any kind soul give me a hint what to do next please ? :dizzy_confused:

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:02 am

Post by addicteddizzy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:42 am

frogandhat wrote:Now i am stuck, the objects i have are: USED - hat, machete, whip, lassoo, gun, golf club & UNUSED - screwdriver, spanner, lots of flowers, flag and flagpole, dynamite and detonator, cleaning fluid, book on celeste, glass shards
the puzzles i appear to have left to solve are: getting past the hyena, getting the key from the citadel / escaping from the trap, getting 10 coins for the diamond - i havent found any!, the soft earth by the hazel trees and possibly becoming a holy ghost
and i thought i was doing so well!! i know where to dig the well, but obviously need the coins to do so.
can any kind soul give me a hint what to do next please ? :dizzy_confused:
I think Grandad hinted earlier that the resident of the Citadel is quite devious, try not to worry about the key and concentrate on finding another way past that door... once you are past the door you have a couple of items which will help you free yourself from slavery and you should get the thing you need to get past the hyena. Sorry if it's a bit cryptic!

Post Reply