Daisy Goes Solo Pt. 2 (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by gavlaa » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Don't bother with the trap room. There's no way out.

Also I'd advise anyone playing to save the game at regular intervals. I made a mistake at a later part of the game and got stuck, meaning if I hadn't have saved the game at the right point, I would have had to start all over again. Luckily that didn't happen but could have done.

By the way I thoroughly enjoyed the sequel although some of the puzzles were very hard and if it was'nt for me doing the old trick of dropping objects at every possible location, then there's no way I would have finished the game.

Thanks Grandad

Gavlaa

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Its certainly a great game!
lots of nice touches, eg the treasure chest made me laugh, what a rotten trick!
Nice work Grandad, thanks for this game. Bodes well for the competition, I thought Lost Temple and Feverbound were excellent as well, so any susbsequent entries have got a VERY tough job.

I think I must be near the end now, just need to solve the buttons in Celestes temple, which i must admit i am struggling with! :hitwall:

I have managed to translate the 'clue' but its not helped me much! I bet i will kick myself, but it has me stumped

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:09 am

Hate to say this frogandhat, but I thought the buttons in the temple were one of the easier puzzles as I'd hoped the second bit of the translation made it fairly obvious.

Personally, my favourite puzzle was the 'umbrella'.

Grandad

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Grandad wrote:Hate to say this frogandhat, but I thought the buttons in the temple were one of the easier puzzles as I'd hoped the second bit of the translation made it fairly obvious.

Grandad
Hmmm.... I'm currently stuck on various things, one of which is the umbrella... I'd been beginning to wonder whether I needed to take it less literally, and it looks like I was right!

I haven't found anything in the game reserve, as far as I can see - I can only access 6 or 7 rooms, which all seem to link together. Is that right?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:58 pm

WhyNotSmile - what can I say, the screens in the game reserve to the left of the left-hand lioness are just dummies to 'go round in circles' as told by the game warden and make the reserve more than just a few screens. The three main screens are what counts.

For the umbrella puzzle, initially start with the reason people use an umbrella, cos that's the only way to make it appear.

Grandad

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Grandad wrote:WhyNotSmile - what can I say, the screens in the game reserve to the left of the left-hand lioness are just dummies to 'go round in circles' as told by the game warden and make the reserve more than just a few screens. The three main screens are what counts.

For the umbrella puzzle, initially start with the reason people use an umbrella, cos that's the only way to make it appear.

Grandad
OK, thanks! Not quite sure where to start with that, but I'll have a go later and see what happens! It's a really nice game to just wander around and look at things, so it's not too bad to have to investigate all over the map.

Thank you!!

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:06 pm

OK, going to have to give in and ask for help! I'm guessing that to get the umbrella, I use the watering can to make someone think it's raining... I've tried Becky, since she is sitting at a table with an umbrella, and I'm thinking that if she went indoors I could take it! But that didn't work. Am I on the right lines? Do I need to fill the watering can first?

Or am I totally off on the wrong track?

Also need to get rid of the monkey and hyena, and I don't know what else... I seem to be building up the things needed to build a well, but no one has asked for one yet!

Thanks!

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:29 pm

WhyNotSmile wrote:OK, going to have to give in and ask for help! I'm guessing that to get the umbrella, I use the watering can to make someone think it's raining... I've tried Becky, since she is sitting at a table with an umbrella, and I'm thinking that if she went indoors I could take it! But that didn't work. Am I on the right lines? Do I need to fill the watering can first?

Or am I totally off on the wrong track?

Also need to get rid of the monkey and hyena, and I don't know what else... I seem to be building up the things needed to build a well, but no one has asked for one yet!

Thanks!
You need to deal with the monkey first, the book in the library gave a hint, you first need to feed him something and then you need to deal with his response...!

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Grandad wrote:Hate to say this frogandhat, but I thought the buttons in the temple were one of the easier puzzles as I'd hoped the second bit of the translation made it fairly obvious.

Grandad
Yes, i liked that puzzle too, though to be fair i solved it just by doing logical things with what i had, and lo and behold i got the umbrella - but i must admit that i had my heart in my mouth when i fired the gun, as i thought you might trick us with a ricochet!

Solved the buttons, but i dont know how, i just kept pressing one and got the object - i am not sure why it happened??

Thanks for the help!

Like the ending!!

BTW did you realise that you can collect a second umbrella and freeze spray?

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:55 pm

really enjoying this game but very stuck now - can't find a way to open the gate in the citadel by the trapped room [trying to get key], can't get rid of that bloody hyena or open the gate there, got plenty of items but think i need to solve these to get further, any clues please!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.