Lost Temple Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Lost Temple Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 pm

OK, I've been resisting for ages, but I'm going to have to start a help thread for Lost Temple Dizzy. It's been out for a few weeks, and no one else seems to have had trouble, so I feel a bit :embarassed: It's a great game, though - I've been so impressed with all of the recent games - no idea how to even start choosing between them for the competition!

I've got into the water bit and the ice bit, and explored above ground as far as the bit with the rocks falling... I seem to have seen quite a lot of the game, but not really got anywhere.

I haven't solved:
getting the beetle at the far end of the falling rocks passage
the troll's snuff box
the bit with the coloured symbols (where the skulls were used)
the valve thing just before the underwater bit
most of the doors (presumably I need more beetles?)

I have loads of items: snorkel, ice boots, kindling, matches, mushrooms, a flower, red amulet, crowbar, wood axe, spade, hammer, moss and a bucket of water... maybe a few other things I've left lying around as well.

My guess is that I need to get that beetle at the rockfall, and open up some doors into new areas.

Can anyone give me a hint? Thanks!

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 pm

each 'area' is self contained, and items in there aren't really needed outside the area at the moment. I can't really remember about the puzzles tbh, but hopefully that'll help.

the scarab key at the end of the boulders doesn't require an item to get, just a bit of lateral thinking ;)

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:17 pm

How do you know when you've put the mirrors in the correct place?
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Meph wrote:How do you know when you've put the mirrors in the correct place?
the sensor is in the room to the right of where you use the mirrors. they kind of click into the correct place, so if it looks slightly out, ie you can still see the place where you put them, then thats the wrong mirror

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:28 pm

WhyNotSmile wrote:OK, I've been resisting for ages, but I'm going to have to start a help thread for Lost Temple Dizzy. It's been out for a few weeks, and no one else seems to have had trouble, so I feel a bit :embarassed: It's a great game, though - I've been so impressed with all of the recent games - no idea how to even start choosing between them for the competition!

I've got into the water bit and the ice bit, and explored above ground as far as the bit with the rocks falling... I seem to have seen quite a lot of the game, but not really got anywhere.

I haven't solved:
getting the beetle at the far end of the falling rocks passage
the troll's snuff box
the bit with the coloured symbols (where the skulls were used)
the valve thing just before the underwater bit
most of the doors (presumably I need more beetles?)

I have loads of items: snorkel, ice boots, kindling, matches, mushrooms, a flower, red amulet, crowbar, wood axe, spade, hammer, moss and a bucket of water... maybe a few other things I've left lying around as well.

My guess is that I need to get that beetle at the rockfall, and open up some doors into new areas.

Can anyone give me a hint? Thanks!
rockfall - the rocks are set off by movement
snuff box - the troll sneezed it - try looking level with him in the direction he is looking (gravity obviously didnt affect it!!
valve in the water area - the valve is also in the water area - it looks like a ship's wheel - you already have an item to help you get it
the locked doors that get opened with a beetle have a beetle logo next to them. at the end of each level, you will get an extra beetle - you will need them all!

good luck!

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:30 pm

delta wrote:each 'area' is self contained, and items in there aren't really needed outside the area at the moment. I can't really remember about the puzzles tbh, but hopefully that'll help.
by and large, with a couple of exceptions!!

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks for the replies... I've sorted the valve and troll now!

Still can't get past the falling rocks... I've been trying to just walk really slowly, which is getting me part of the way in, but I've never made it past the skeleton's feet - am I doing the right thing?

Also haven't got the key in the water area yet, which I'm guessing will open the door at the bottom left of that area? And did the valve do anything other than fill the air pocket with water? I can't see anything else that's changed...

Thanks!

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am

WhyNotSmile wrote:Thanks for the replies... I've sorted the valve and troll now!

Still can't get past the falling rocks... I've been trying to just walk really slowly, which is getting me part of the way in, but I've never made it past the skeleton's feet - am I doing the right thing?

Also haven't got the key in the water area yet, which I'm guessing will open the door at the bottom left of that area? And did the valve do anything other than fill the air pocket with water? I can't see anything else that's changed...

Thanks!
There is a pipe where the key is stuck, perhaps you should try and investigate the other end of it...

The falling rocks can hurt you so stop and wait somewhere that you might be a bit more protected until they stop falling.

Hope that helps, I have finally finished this game and thought it was really good, very clever end section and I loved the green eggs too!

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:47 pm

addicteddizzy wrote:There is a pipe where the key is stuck, perhaps you should try and investigate the other end of it...

The falling rocks can hurt you so stop and wait somewhere that you might be a bit more protected until they stop falling.

Hope that helps, I have finally finished this game and thought it was really good, very clever end section and I loved the green eggs too!
Thanks addicteddizzy! Made it through the tunnel, so have opened a few more areas now.

I'll check out that pipe... I guess that means there IS a way to get through that block of ice in the frozen bit... can't for the life of me figure out how though!!

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:05 pm

WhyNotSmile, re the ice block - melt it!

Grandad