Lost Temple Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:09 am

last treasure -
have you tried behind a porthole on the sunken ship or did you open the treasure chest underwater
they were the last ones i was left with.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:16 pm

finished - thanks queex that got me the last treasure - really enjoyed playing this game and what a lovely ending :v2_dizzy_yahoo:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Eggfried01
Your Backpack is Empty
Location: Recently came from the UK to live in New Jersey, USA

Great game

Post by Eggfried01 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks Queex, the "W" word was all it took !
Awesome game, more like a spiritual journey than a typical Dizzy adventure, I think. I liked the references to Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and also the Jet Set Willy nod.
Awesome ending music, although I was a little surprised I didn't need to give Daisy the pretty flower for the finale !

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:58 pm

:v2_dizzy_clapping: this game was awesome.
I've completed all the puzzles with no trouble in the end and have 65 coins so got some searching to do. the only puzzle left is a block of ice blocking a entrance, but the yolkfolk and now cured.

I still didn't get this mirror/light puzzle i put the mirrors in and got the light to go form one touch to the other but i don't recall it doing anything,

Only thing really frustrating was having to keep going though all those nasty dangers to find were i left the spanner or crowbar.. with so many items used i personally would have added an extra inventory slot, 4 instead of 3.

Anyway i got some gold hunting to do.

The other games have got some top competition it's been one of my fav fan games so far, real fun.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Meph - see the 'door' in the room wih the sensor, behind the cyan forcefield? you can go thru there now!

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:42 pm

i don't know what room yo mean..

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:53 pm

i also noticed i still have the tomb in the air room to do and those cogs in the crystal room.. tried putting a spanner in the works but that dones't work.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Meph wrote:i also noticed i still have the tomb in the air room to do and those cogs in the crystal room.. tried putting a spanner in the works but that dones't work.
are you sure ?? :p

to the right of where you put the mirrors, there is the sensor that the light beam hits. from the top level of this room you can jump to the right where the cyan forcefield is

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:24 pm

oh.. thats what it did.. i didn't realise. lol

umm the spanner doesn't always work, it seems it only works if you selected it after the message, it wont work if the try a different item first, unless you pull the message up again.

That just leaves the tomb and general hunting around,
74 coins.

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Meph wrote:umm the spanner doesn't always work, it seems it only works if you selected it after the message, it wont work if the try a different item first, unless you pull the message up again.
Trying to work out how that happened has made me realise that's going to be a bug in quite a few places- I mostly eschewed UseObject in favour of ActionObject for puzzles, but of course that then means that if you drop the item after picking something else up, it doesn't trigger.

Stand by for a fixed version in the not-too-distant future...
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -