Lost Temple Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Fri May 14, 2010 2:32 pm

the gooner wrote:Ok i must be missing something in the Air room.
have turned all the valves and got the green flashing light but cant get the groan rumble etc. its the only 1 of 4 sections that i havnt managed to complete arhhh
If I guess rightly what the problem is, you need to look around the Air Shrine for another room with a coloured ball in it- a way previously closed should now be open.
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -

the gooner
Free Range Egg

Post by the gooner » Sat May 15, 2010 12:32 am

Queex wrote:If I guess rightly what the problem is, you need to look around the Air Shrine for another room with a coloured ball in it- a way previously closed should now be open.
cheers mate got it now. seen the boulder and didnt think to move it :embarassed:

just need to work out how to get the ice boots. whynotsmile seemed to get them pretty quicky. any hints gratefully recived.
tried the hammer,spade and crowbar on the rubble but to no avail

the gooner
Free Range Egg

Post by the gooner » Sat May 15, 2010 10:59 am

cant believe i have even asked that question
2seconds thinking about it

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:39 pm

In honour of the Easter Competition, I've whipped up a full walkthrough and treasure crib sheet:

http://chthonic.150m.com/dizzy/index.htm

Needless to say, feel free to yank these and use them anywhere you like.
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by princeoftheyolkfolk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:56 am

Can anyone help me to get out of the Air Shrine it seems im stuck in there and cant get out at all. :v2_dizzy_frown:
Ive spent days in the same room and im getting claustrophobic :cry:
I can see 2 wheels if i jump along the top and can reach the 1 at mysterious valve but i cant do anything with it because i dont have the spanner.
So obviously i have to drop down and get the spanner 1st but then when i do im locked in :O

Ive had a look at the walkthrough for the Air Shrine section but its not making things easier
Drop down to the bottom and pick up the Spanner from The Tomb. Go up from that room and use the spanner on the wheel.
Okay that takes you to chance of showers
There are three other wheels you use the Spanner on, one for each direction from A Cryptic Device. You need to use the Emergency Escape Switch to get up to it initially. The one on the left you need to drop down from Vertiginous Shelf, the other two should be easy to find.
Okay done cryptic device and gone left to vertiginous shelf but right from cryptic device takes you chance of showers again :dizzy_confused:
the other two should be easy to find
Not for a dumbo like me theyre not and i dont really understand what the emergency escape switch is doing other than resetting the clouds so you can get back up to cryptic device
I was enjoying this game until i got trapped in this godforsaken room :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:01 pm

princeoftheyolkfolk wrote:but right from cryptic device takes you chance of showers again :dizzy_confused:
If you follow the clouds right and up from Cryptic Device, you'll end up back near the entrance to the shrine- but you need to make sure the Device is set right first...
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by princeoftheyolkfolk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Queex wrote:If you follow the clouds right and up from Cryptic Device, you'll end up back near the entrance to the shrine- but you need to make sure the Device is set right first...
Still not getting anywhere :v2_dizzy_mad:
Ive turned wheels and set switches all over the place and over and over again but im still not getting any clouds on the right of the device that take meto anywhere else other than chance of showers.
Maybe i need to be walked through it properly :v2_dizzy_crazy: or just give up all together.
No 1 else seems to have had much trouble with this room so why cant i do it. :cross:
I managed all the others with no help and very few problems

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 pm

From Cryptic Device, you need to go Right, Up and Up to find the valve in that direction.
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by princeoftheyolkfolk » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:36 am

Queex wrote:From Cryptic Device, you need to go Right, Up and Up to find the valve in that direction.
Okay i know you think i am incredibly stupid :rolleyes: but i keep saying there are NO clouds or anywhere to land on right of cryptic device.

Step 1 - drop down to get spanner
Step 2 - go up from tomb and do valve at chance of showers (as in walkthrough) after which you cannot reach cryptic device so
Step 3 - flick switch at emergency escape and go up to cryptic device
Step 4 - go left to vertiginous shelf and do valve there after which you cannot reach cryptic device so do emergency switch again

Step 5 - go up to cryptic device and jump right - NOTHING except chance of showers again and no way of getting higher or out
OR
Step 5 - go up to cryptic device, do valve and jump right - NOTHING except chance of showers again and no way of getting higher or out

OR

Miss out Step 4 and do either of the Step 5s - surprise surprise what happens - NOTHING except chance of showers again and no way of getting higher or out

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:33 am

How many times have you used the cryptic device to change the clouds before you go to the right?
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -