Lost Temple Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Eggfried01
Your Backpack is Empty
Location: Recently came from the UK to live in New Jersey, USA

Oops

Post by Eggfried01 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 am

Thanks for replying ! As soon as I read Queex's reply, I tried using the crowbar on the boulder just to reassure myself and lo and behold, the boulder disappeared ! I could have sworn I tried that the first time I dropped down into the room, but it seems not to be so.
Thanks again to both of you :v2_dizzy_cheers:

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:11 pm

been playing this for a while now and loving it. think i've been everywhere there is to go but i still have a scarab key! got my pot boiling but only have 2 ingredients (cloud lilly & green flecked herb) can't for the life of me find any of the others and have tried things with the items i've got! don't know if these matter but can't stop the whirring blades in light shrine, can the boulders at collapsed channel in water shrine be moved? also the rocks at the end of falling rocks? can't think of anything else to do at the mo so will just keep running around see if anything happens :hitwall:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:28 pm

quiggie wrote:been playing this for a while now and loving it. think i've been everywhere there is to go but i still have a scarab key! got my pot boiling but only have 2 ingredients (cloud lilly & green flecked herb) can't for the life of me find any of the others and have tried things with the items i've got! don't know if these matter but can't stop the whirring blades in light shrine, can the boulders at collapsed channel in water shrine be moved? also the rocks at the end of falling rocks? can't think of anything else to do at the mo so will just keep running around see if anything happens :hitwall:
Ingredients - you need some mushrooms from the garden i think, and one of the crystals from the 'light' area - i forget the other item now sorry!

blades in light shrine - think about how you stop something working, theres a specific phrase!

those boulders cant be moved

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 pm

thanks done the blade bit but the ingredients are a bugger - got the cloud lily and green fleckled herb in the pot but none of the mushrooms go in or the seaweed and none of the crystals so i'm left needing dark kelp, ash bloom, crystal iris and death cap mushroom - been trying to get the mushroom that spits at you but nothing works and i've also been trying to burn the seaweed thinking it would make dark kelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonna have a break for now and maybe something will come to me :v2_dizzy_blush:

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:26 am

Quiggie - you undoubtedly have the right objects, but you (Dizzy) arent clever enough unaided to recognize them for what they are - maybe you need some help ?
Bigger hint - you should already have the object you need if you gave another character the second item he required

really BIG hint - you need to give the troll what he wants twice

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 pm

think we might have crossed wires here - that or i'm being really thick - i've already given the troll in the trees two items (snuff box and red moss) and used the item he gave me in return - the only other character i've given 2 items to was grandad and he wants nothing else neither does the troll - i've got no more areas to visit although i still have a scarab key left and need the ingredients to put in the pot but it doesn't want anything that i've got - all i've been able to put into the pot is the cloud lily and green fleckled herb and i now need dark kelp (i've got seaweed), ash bloom, crystal iris and death cap mushroom none of which i can find anywhere, wondering if i need to turn what i've got into these items!!!!!!!!!! :v2_dizzy_confused2: :v2_dizzy_confused2: :v2_dizzy_confused2:

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:42 pm

You will definitely have all the items but identifying the species will be tricky if you're not good with plants, you need to look them up somewhere... in a handbook :v2_dizzy_wink:

Eggfried01
Your Backpack is Empty
Location: Recently came from the UK to live in New Jersey, USA

Seventy-nine of eighty

Post by Eggfried01 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Sorry, me again !
I've solved all the puzzles and cleansed the yolkfolk of the foul green ague and with still two lives intact (thanks to a lot of careful saving and loading), but naturally upon reaching the final hurdle, I only have 79/80 treasures.
I collected the coin from Denzil and have gathered all the bits and pieces hidden behind false walls, inside crates, eyesockets and the pearl dispenser.
I've tried going back through all the shrines and checking each barrel, statue, crate and anything else I chanced to see, but found nothing.
Not sure what to do next really .. I've even been desperate enough to check what I believe to be all the railings in the treehouses.
Any ideas ?

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm

addicteddizzy wrote:You will definitely have all the items but identifying the species will be tricky if you're not good with plants, you need to look them up somewhere... in a handbook :v2_dizzy_wink:
thanks that did the trick - as usual stuck with just 1 treasure to find :v2_dizzy_eek:

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:00 am

Eggfried01 wrote:but naturally upon reaching the final hurdle, I only have 79/80 treasures.
quiggie wrote:as usual stuck with just 1 treasure to find :v2_dizzy_eek:
For reference, there are 10 treasures in each area.

Nothing is hidden behind railings or grass, but windows and crystal formations are fair game.

The Fire Shrine has the most hidden treasures.

Hope that helps without giving the game away too much...
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -