Lost Temple Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
TheDizzyHawk
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by TheDizzyHawk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi everyone, am very jealous of all the finishers! Was just wondering if anyone had any more hints of the more obscure locations of the pieces of treasure? I've cured all the yolkfolk, and at the moment have 78 pieces, (first time I played the game through, I got to 77 at the end, wondering if I have to play it twice more, to get 79 and then finally 80!!!) I really feel like I've tried everywhere, was even quite proud of finding what I thought were a few very hidden ones! behind skeleton's eye socket in the ice room, hidden wall in fire shrine, the well, behind lamp jumping over lava streams etc.. and I've given Denzil back his bling! Someone mentioned behind a porthole on the ship, not sure I have that, do you need to use/have something to get it? Anyway, I realise with a game so large, it's almost impossible to know which ones I've already found, was just wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions of places it's easy to overlook. This game was so well designed and great, I need to properly see it out! FANTASTIC game btw! Thanks a lot all.

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:12 pm

TheDizzyHawk wrote:Hi everyone, am very jealous of all the finishers! Was just wondering if anyone had any more hints of the more obscure locations of the pieces of treasure? I've cured all the yolkfolk, and at the moment have 78 pieces, (first time I played the game through, I got to 77 at the end, wondering if I have to play it twice more, to get 79 and then finally 80!!!) I really feel like I've tried everywhere, was even quite proud of finding what I thought were a few very hidden ones! behind skeleton's eye socket in the ice room, hidden wall in fire shrine, the well, behind lamp jumping over lava streams etc.. and I've given Denzil back his bling! Someone mentioned behind a porthole on the ship, not sure I have that, do you need to use/have something to get it? Anyway, I realise with a game so large, it's almost impossible to know which ones I've already found, was just wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions of places it's easy to overlook. This game was so well designed and great, I need to properly see it out! FANTASTIC game btw! Thanks a lot all.
You don't need to use anything to get the one behind the porthole, just action over the window. These are some of the ones where you do need to "do" things or use objects:
Under the rats nest
by digging under the sandpit in air shrine
in the worn out boot by actioning it a few times
in the bit behind the whirring blades - there is a hint for this somewhere earlier in the thread
there are 3 in the pearl making machine

There aren't really any that are very sneaky, just have to action all items as usual (which it sounds like you do if you managed to finish with 77 first time round, I think I probably only had about 70 and thought I was doing well!!) but I agree it's hard to know at this stage in such a large game. I actually started again, mainly because I loved the game and wanted to play it through but also after the post from Queex that said there were 10 in each "area" so I made a list as I went along!!! It never feels like you've finished until you've got all the coins/treasures etc. even though everyone is free/cured/rescued etc...!

Hope that helps, good luck!

TheDizzyHawk
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by TheDizzyHawk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks a lot for the hints! I went back and tried the porthole on the ship, don't know how I missed it! and now have 79! Argh!!! I think I will just have to go back and play the whole game from scratch and use your idea of writing a list! Am preparing to fully exercize that enter key on every tiny inch of the screen!

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 pm

there are a couple of sneaky ones up in the clouds :v2_dizzy_tongue:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Whats with the 'peal' machine?
I got one from it that just appeared.. i don't recall doing anything else with it.. but i read there was more from it?

ummmmmm
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

TheDizzyHawk
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by TheDizzyHawk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Thanks everyone for the coin tips! Am now a proud member of the finishers club, finally got the last coin on the little cloud to the right of the yolkfolk village, sooo relieved when I saw it! Thought this was an awesome game, really really enjoyable with fantastic graphics and interaction. Great, great work!!! :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

Queex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Queex » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Meph wrote:Whats with the 'peal' machine?
I got one from it that just appeared.. i don't recall doing anything else with it.. but i read there was more from it?
Most machines have a button or two that get them to work...
- Lost Temple Dizzy -
- Iron Tower Dizzy -

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:16 pm

oh i see... ummm :v2_dizzy_confused3:

have to go searching.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 am

Meph - the button looks a bit like a mushroom, and it wont be too far from the machine

the gooner
Free Range Egg

Post by the gooner » Thu May 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Ok i must be missing something in the Air room.
have turned all the valves and got the green flashing light but cant get the groan rumble etc. its the only 1 of 4 sections that i havnt managed to complete arhhh