CoTM (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:31 pm

addicteddizzy wrote:In the meantime can anyone help with a hint as to how I make a candle from the wax? I have tried the fire which I thought would be the obvious thing, obviously it's not that obvious - to me anyway!
it's not far from where you need it, once you got it in the chapel tower.
ImageImageImage

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:32 pm

gavlaa wrote:I've dropped the dove of peace in every available location but none of them are the correct spot. I'm really stuck.

Someone please help me!
It's the tomb in storage room B which is the room on the right off the long room (where the shrine to the immaculate conception is). Do you have the key to storage room B, it was from the tomb of archimedes I think? I haven't used the item you get from it yet but it does allow you access to another room with a more useful item - Meph you need this too - it will help light the fire...

Can anyone help with my candle yet????

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Meph wrote:I got loads of items and loads to do nothing seems to work.. i need to get the open fire lit i guess but can't light the matches.

Tried poking the silent guy with the needle :D
Ha Ha!! I tried that 1st time!

the fire needs something 1st
ImageImageImage

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 pm

ok just did a puzzle by accident using the water pump i was looking in the complete wrong direction with that puzzle, plus i kept thinking that was used for other things. .lol

ok onwards se eyou at the finish line
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:07 pm

Colin wrote:it's not far from where you need it, once you got it in the chapel tower.
Aha, haven't been in the chapel tower yet, I must be missing something... I haven't solved; the sad, angry and peacful gargoyle, the silent monk, shrine to the holy son and ghost, tomb of the soldier and statistician, the drunk (although I have given him the bell and the holy book and am presuming I need to give him the candle which I am busy looking for as per the book of excommunication, he took the bell and the book so presume I'm on the right lines). I also haven't finished with the baker, as I can't find where to get water - tried the cup in the font but that didn't work.

EDIT: Got the key now, getting somewhere...

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:51 pm

oh no i got killed by a Ghost.. :v2_dizzy_eek:

I was doing so well.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:17 am

Me too! :tdown:

BUT i soon got my own back!! :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

just got to try and find out what the silent monk needs.... i think i know but i cant find any more objects, all i have left is loads of books, most of which i have used, and the vow of silence note
I suspect that he will then give me the word to multiply the bread - at least i hope so!!

Ahh - i was along the wrong lines! have now fed the hungry - should have realised with Delta that the first problem you find is one of the last to be solved

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:35 am

[quote="frogandhat"]Me too! :tdown:

Me too!! Can I have a clue as to how i "get my own back", he's defeated me several times now... Do I need to "lead" him somewhere???

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:48 am

addicteddizzy wrote:
frogandhat wrote:Me too! :tdown:

Me too!! Can I have a clue as to how i "get my own back", he's defeated me several times now... Do I need to "lead" him somewhere???
You get a spell to kill him - just dont look in the tomb first! but unfortunately i have forgotten already how i got it, but it was logical - you just may not be at the right point to get it

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:12 am

I don't think I'm there yet then as I don't have anything other than books, the scrap of paper and the cup. I think it's the cup I need to use next (mind you I've been thinkiing that for ages!) I somehow need to get the water supply pipes in the cellar working, have put the beer and spirits in place but can't make the tap work...

EDIT: Ok, figured it out!