CoTM (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:43 pm

^ think you need to light the fire can't eat raw meat
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Grandad - as Meph says lighting the fire should get you a bit further but you can also use one of your items on the happy gargoyle - have you "examined" the books properly as they give you good clues.

Meph - you need to use the miracle of the feast on the stone but you also need the item you want to multiply...

Meanwhile I seem to be getting nowhere fast on level 2, I have only solved the conflict witch and a couple of tarot cards (hanged man and magician) and don't seem to be able to unlock anymore areas. I was confident that the tins on the string went on the crystal of noise but apparently not!!

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Addicted - Think what you used to use 2 tins on a string for as a child - when you find the correct place, it will be obvious where to use them. Similarly there will be an logical thing to use on the crystal of noise

addicteddizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by addicteddizzy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:24 pm

frogandhat wrote:Addicted - Think what you used to use 2 tins on a string for as a child - when you find the correct place, it will be obvious where to use them. Similarly there will be an logical thing to use on the crystal of noise
Thanks for that (I can't wait to use them now!) - my problem is that I don't seem to be able to open any new areas and I can't get past the trap in the ground to get through to the other side of the path. I only have the crystal of noise and the mystical rings of saturn open to me at the moment...

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:29 pm

I am (hopefully) near the end of the level, and I havent found a way to disable the traps yet, but eventually you will be able to get around that one, so dont worry about it - i think you must be missing some objects somewhere - unfortunately, this level is so large and so many items that i cant remember what comes next, sorry - but i do remember that you can solve the crystal of noise early on

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Grandad wrote:Level 2! ...I'm still totally stuck on the early part of level 1.

I've got the flower, cnd badge, bird of prey, needle, vow, matches, wax, raw meat, prayer and 8 books. I've literally gone round dropping/using every item on the monk, hungry man, the baker, father, son, holy, soldier, immaculate conception shrines, the 3 gargoyles and every bleedin' drain ...and shaken every bush another time, just in case. The flour has gone into the baker's shrine and the logs are on the fire ...and have used blue, yellow, brown, red and purple keys. :v2_dizzy_mad:
You need to read the books closely as one item you have can be used on a gargoyle

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Im stuck where to light/use the unlit lantern on lvl 3, any helpers?
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 pm

addicteddizzy wrote:Thanks for that (I can't wait to use them now!) - my problem is that I don't seem to be able to open any new areas and I can't get past the trap in the ground to get through to the other side of the path. I only have the crystal of noise and the mystical rings of saturn open to me at the moment...
sounds like you need to get into the alchemists hut - there is something near the mystics hut which will help

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 pm

DizzyFanUK wrote:Im stuck where to light/use the unlit lantern on lvl 3, any helpers?
find a stone you have previously used, that looks like what you are trying to do (any ideas?). use it down under.
ImageImageImage

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Colin wrote:find a stone you have previously used, that looks like what you are trying to do (any ideas?). use it down under.
that's quite funny actually. As you can actually use it anywhere. You don't need to use it anywhere in the conventional sense of the word - it will light if you use it, no matter where you are in the level. ;)

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln