CoTM (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks Addicted and Frog ...I should have been paying attention to the instructions as when I got a 'I can't use this here' message when I first used an item on the happy gargoyle I thought I had to place items on the granite stone next to it ...d'uh!!!

Now that I've fed the hungry man and have a mauve key, I'm ready to carry on adventuring.

Grandad

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by gavlaa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Ok, I'm stuck again...

I have a scrap of paper (I'm glad I killed him), a map of the valley, potion of lies, wand of courage, a flower, kindness pendant, an empty bucket (used once), a spade, potion of dull senses, sorcerers hut key (can't find the hut), a tyre.

I'm guessing I should use the spade to dig the x but I can't get there as I've already used the potion.

Help!!!

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 pm

gavlaa wrote:I've already used the potion.

Help!!!
:v2_dizzy_confused3: what did you use it on? if you used it on the correct thing, you shouldn't be able to get back until you've opened a gate. if you didn't use it on the correct thing, well, you're outta luck!

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by gavlaa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm

delta wrote: :v2_dizzy_confused3: what did you use it on? if you used it on the correct thing, you shouldn't be able to get back until you've opened a gate. if you didn't use it on the correct thing, well, you're outta luck!
I used it on getting to the area cut off by the trap. Then I got everything I could find and went back. Please tell me I don't have to do it all over again!

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Gavlaa - its time to start again im afraid :( and as i discovered to my cost, you dont just restart the level, but from the very start :v2_dizzy_down:

Heres a little trick to get round Jamies one save - make a copy of the save file then if you get something wrong, rename the file back so it isnt the copy :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Ignore this post - I gottit not
Cheers Col/Jamie
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by gavlaa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 pm

frogandhat wrote:Gavlaa - its time to start again im afraid :( and as i discovered to my cost, you dont just restart the level, but from the very start :v2_dizzy_down:

Heres a little trick to get round Jamies one save - make a copy of the save file then if you get something wrong, rename the file back so it isnt the copy :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:
Thanks for the bad news Frogandhat, but great shout with the file rename.

I guess its time to start again.

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:18 pm

DizzyFanUK wrote:Cheers Col/Jamie, some more help please
(warning contains lvl3 Spoilers):
seems Jamie was amused by my previous help, so I was partly wrong on the lantern. when I played it, I used it there to light it. I didn't try elsewhere.

I know you need a piece of paper for the son. Can't remember where I got it. Have you completed all the games. Think it might be from O & X's
ImageImageImage

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:19 pm

hmm if the potion had run out, you shouldn't have been able to get back across without dying...

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:56 pm

I cant win on the o's&x's - is that game over?
My previous save game was midway through playing os&xs so what happens now?
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin: