Grogg Island Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
mufcmanc
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by mufcmanc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Now no idea what to do with the blanket or lubricator, also how to get through the great escape tunnel....

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:05 pm

The blanket is used later or maybe not at all (I don't remember), the lubricator is use to move something with wheels that is in your way, and you can't do anything in the escape tunnel except get the coin.

mufcmanc
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by mufcmanc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:36 pm

SnTrooper wrote:The blanket is used later or maybe not at all (I don't remember), the lubricator is use to move something with wheels that is in your way, and you can't do anything in the escape tunnel except get the coin.
Thanks again SnTrooper, used the lube am now stuck with the pin from the ship, but still trying it in a few places, would love 2 find the scuba gear an get in2 the cellar an the village... eventually frustrating game at times! lol

Edit - Now made it in2 the village, time 2 do some damage with the hatchet... somewhere!

mufcmanc
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by mufcmanc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Been stuck for days now am pretty sure I need 2 get in2 the bar cellar 2 progress but seemed 2 have tried everyfing.... I have been as far as the tomb after the organ and also 2 the jetty, I need the land deed for the GIT man, I have Sharp Hatchet (used few times), Spade (used few times), Pickaxe, Feather, Blanket, 2nd Banana, Dustbin Lid, Lighter (used once), Rope, Claw Hammer (used), Old Boots, Scuba Gear (used), Camera (used once), Crucifix, Catapult (used once), Belaying Pin (used twice I think), Sharp Knife (used once on poster), Lens (used) I have read on previous posts about a Paper Clip and Cement I have not come across any either of them... I also have 25 coins... any help would be appreciated thanks

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm

The dustpan lid, lighter, and boots can be used to get coins. The lid to get better reception, lighter to start fires in dark places, and boots by having them be caught by a hungry individual.

As for what you need to do, you have to use one of your items to climb up to the key in the trees above the armorog.

You must have found the paper clip already since that is what is used to get into the jail cell. The cement isn't found till much later.

mufcmanc
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by mufcmanc » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks SnTrooper, I'm nearly at the end now my only problem now is stuck on 39 coins and I cant past the not so great escape tunnel 4 the last 1! Tried the pickaxe, claw hammer, crowbar and most other items I think...

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 pm

You can't get through. The coin I mentioned earlier is just sitting in plain sight you must have already gotten it. Have you used the bike wheel yet? It is used in the same place that you used another item to get a coin.

mufcmanc
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by mufcmanc » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 pm

SnTrooper wrote:You can't get through. The coin I mentioned earlier is just sitting in plain sight you must have already gotten it. Have you used the bike wheel yet? It is used in the same place that you used another item to get a coin.
Yeh I have got both coins from the bear, the 1 in secret garden, got the one's from shop, git, roast, lumbago, torches, spades, grog pirate, home entertainment, the clock and all the rest aswell been searching everywher for it but dont remember gettin a coin after the poster first time round... Driving me mad it seems I have been on every screen and interacted with every character

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 am

How about the one that is gotten to by smashing the floor of the bar cellar and you fall down to the area above the slippy log? Or the one that you get from using the key that is in the jungle nest? The one in the screen to the left of Grand Dizzy's hut?

jmcf81
Hard Boiled Egg

I'm stuck!!

Post by jmcf81 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Hey everyone
Been playing this game the last few days and i'm stuck so any help would be great. I have 19 coins and the items i have are sharp hatchet (sharpened and used twice i think) catapult (used once) feather, crucifix, 2nd banana, belaying pin (used twice) camera (used once) claw hammer (used once i think) sharp knife (used twice) land deeds, lighter (used few times to light candle and lamps), blanket, bottle o grog, bycycle wheel, and spade (used lots of times). I have read through the whole thread but i'm still stuck. From what i gather i should have wooden planks by now to make a cross for the grave? I have tried to use the hatchet on anything and everything but no luck! Also think i may of got the thesaurus by accident. When i went in the gate where the shark is i continued to rise up until i arrived at a blank screen. I walked across a few blank screens and ended up on top of the boat where the dual is happening. I jumped left and ended up in the hut where the thesaurus is! But once you leave the hut it's then locked? Is this how the thesaurus in obtained? If so it's a bit strange! Any help would be fantastic as i'm really getting into the game even though it's quite frustrating at times.I know i'm about 2 years too late looking for help but if anyone can rem what i should be doing next it would be really appreciated.
Cheers