Grogg Island Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Spooky - whisky

Spooky3
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Spooky3 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:26 pm

:dizzy_confused: from the bar cellar?

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Woo hoo! Nearly there! I have everyone down to the jetty, I think... what do I do to finish?!

Spooky3
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Spooky3 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:54 pm

do y have to get an empty bottle and get it from the cooking pirate

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:57 pm

WhyNot - the ex gardner isnt very happy with the governors attitude is he? is there anything around where the governor shows remorse? - hint you may have to badger for it!

Spooky - the cooking pirate doesnt give you the bottle but once hes made the grog, maybe you can FILL the bottle!

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:02 pm

First I feel somehow obliged to introduce myself.
So, I've been a Dizzy fan since about 1993 (first Dizzy game: FWD - PC version) and for the last few years I've been rediscovering Dizzy (while I really like old games, I'm no computer geek and it took me some time to realize that a simple program can let me play non-Windows-compatible games again). I'm active in the Polish Dizzy community - mostly writing walkthroughs (the first Polish gender-inclusive game walkthroughs? :v2_dizzy_cool :) and choosing the best screenshots for being displayed - but so far I haven't registered at Yolkfolk.com as well. So I feel a bit embarassed to drop by because I need help with a game... Nevertheless I decided to do it, figuring out that as the game is so new, probably others at the Swiat Dizzy forum haven't tried it yet or are stuck at similar points.

I have gone down the waterfall, freed Dylan, given the monkey a banana (and caught it afterwards), found the bird taxi, the mine and the village entrance, but I have no idea what to do next.
I have: monkey, lighter, sharp knife, numbers, catapult, crucifix, silver jug (not completely sure if I haven't forgotten something) plus just 4 coins.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Welcome aboard NowhereGirl
The Monkey is quite good at DIY

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Nowhere Girl wrote:First I feel somehow obliged to introduce myself.
So, I've been a Dizzy fan since about 1993 (first Dizzy game: FWD - PC version) and for the last few years I've been rediscovering Dizzy (while I really like old games, I'm no computer geek and it took me some time to realize that a simple program can let me play non-Windows-compatible games again). I'm active in the Polish Dizzy community - mostly writing walkthroughs (the first Polish gender-inclusive game walkthroughs? :v2_dizzy_cool :) and choosing the best screenshots for being displayed - but so far I haven't registered at Yolkfolk.com as well. So I feel a bit embarassed to drop by because I need help with a game... Nevertheless I decided to do it, figuring out that as the game is so new, probably others at the Swiat Dizzy forum haven't tried it yet or are stuck at similar points.

I have gone down the waterfall, freed Dylan, given the monkey a banana (and caught it afterwards), found the bird taxi, the mine and the village entrance, but I have no idea what to do next.
I have: monkey, lighter, sharp knife, numbers, catapult, crucifix, silver jug (not completely sure if I haven't forgotten something) plus just 4 coins.
Hi NowhereGirl and welcome! Don't be embarrased about dropping by and asking for help - everyone here is very friendly!

You probably want to use the monkey next - think of someone who could use some help... there are a few clues earlier on in this thread. It will open up a lot more of the game for you.

You can also use the catapult or silver jug, but they wont get you further on - they'll get you coins.

Spooky3
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Spooky3 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:11 pm

but do i get the bottle(empty),the roast is done can i have a piece,i also remember the next to dora house in some bush i heard some sounds is poggy there

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Spooky3 wrote:but do i get the bottle(empty),the roast is done can i have a piece,i also remember the next to dora house in some bush i heard some sounds is poggy there
You'll get the empty bottle somewhere else. You'll have to check out the roast yourself! And I'm afraid I can't remember what's next to Dora's house... I don't think it's Pogie though...