Dizzy-Oops (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Mon May 31, 2010 12:41 pm

it was just so far over that i couldn't reach it. you needed to be right on the edge, pixel perfect.

found zaks now, but can't seem to dispose of him.

i have:

[color="White"]halo (used once), whip (used), umbrella, bone, telescope, tulip, and dagger (used)[/color].

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon May 31, 2010 12:49 pm

you've not used the [color="White"]telescope[/color] yet?
Better [color="White"]gaze up at the stars[/color]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Mon May 31, 2010 1:38 pm

finished! I think... (there's no 'restart' etc menu pops up.)

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby princeoftheyolkfolk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:45 pm

I must be very stupid or very blind because although ive only just started this im stuck already and cant find the classic dizzy game items i probably need like a pickaxe or a dagger.
Thought i was doing ever so well too because ive collected 14 coins already.
I have a [color="White"]saw - anchor - umbrella - peace flag - bone and a surfboard[/color] as well as 2 railings and a bush but im assuming they dont count
I can see what might be [color="white"]a carrot - possibly for the rabbit?[/color] - but cant get it.
I need to find a way to get [color="white"]past the troll and collect the coin and halo on the way to him[/color] and help all the eggfolk especially Danny who i think is who i should be concentrating on next.
I also need to get past [color="white"]the giant rabbit and over the tightrope[/color]
I really wish i wasnt playing these games so long after every1 else has completed them.
I havent read through the thread yet because with being stuck so early on im assuming no1 else was as dumb as me and im sure it will contain things i dont want to see yet
Any suggestions please?

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby WhyNotSmile » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:57 pm

princeoftheyolkfolk wrote:I must be very stupid or very blind because although ive only just started this im stuck already and cant find the classic dizzy game items i probably need like a pickaxe or a dagger.
I have a [color="White"]saw - anchor - umbrella - peace flag - bone and a surfboard[/color] as well as 2 railings and a bush but im assuming they dont count
I can see what might be [color="white"]a carrot - possibly for the rabbit?[/color] - but cant get it.
I need to find a way to get [color="white"]past the troll and collect the coin and halo on the way to him[/color] and help all the eggfolk especially Danny who i think is who i should be concentrating on next.
I also need to get past [color="white"]the giant rabbit and over the tightrope[/color]
I really wish i wasnt playing these games so long after every1 else has completed them.
I havent read through the thread yet because with being stuck so early on im assuming no1 else was as dumb as me and im sure it will contain things i dont want to see yet
Any suggestions please?

I think the first 2 pages of this help thread are filled with people trying to solve the first puzzle, so you're not the only one! It's a while since I played it, but I remember being stuck because I didn't find a ledge that could be jumped onto. It's somewhere near Dora's hut, as far as I remember, and it's on the right of the screen... sorry I can't be more specific, I just don't remember. Once you get on there, you get something which helps you to make progress.

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby princeoftheyolkfolk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks for the reply whynotsmile i know the ledge you mean ive already been there i think thats where i got the item for the shopkeeper which gave me the item to get the [color="White"]anchor [/color]which i know where to use just dont have what goes with it yet.
Its always the same you wander around for ages geting nowhere and as soon as you post you figure something out.
Have now solved dylan and got past the rabbit. :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:
Glad to know i am not the only idiot around here then. ;)

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby princeoftheyolkfolk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Wahey finished :v2_dizzy_yahoo:
Excellent especially considering it was a first game.
If i was going to fault it at all it would be that some of the action was just a little too pixel perfect but i seem to remember that in original games too.
:tup: Fun game

Nick Pledge
Free Range Egg

Postby Nick Pledge » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:07 pm

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Met Zak... nothing to kill him with I do have the shield though. Cant get past the bolts of lightening and the statue i think thats my next move but its locked??????

fannyfluff1957
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby fannyfluff1957 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 am

WhyNotSmile wrote:I think the first 2 pages of this help thread are filled with people trying to solve the first puzzle, so you're not the only one! It's a while since I played it, but I remember being stuck because I didn't find a ledge that could be jumped onto. It's somewhere near Dora's hut, as far as I remember, and it's on the right of the screen... sorry I can't be more specific, I just don't remember. Once you get on there, you get something which helps you to make progress.

try using something sharp to release the carrot

mADjAckJ
Your Backpack is Empty

Help!

Postby mADjAckJ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:55 pm

I pretty much have to repeat a post from princeoftheyolkfolk from 2 years ago!! -

I must be very stupid or very blind because although ive only just started this im stuck already and cant find the classic dizzy game items i probably need like a pickaxe or a dagger.
I have a saw - anchor - umbrella - peace flag - bone and a surfboard as well as 2 railings and a bush but im assuming they dont count
I can see what might be a carrot - possibly for the rabbit? - but cant get it.
I need to find a way to get past the troll and collect the coin and halo on the way to him and help all the eggfolk especially Danny who i think is who i should be concentrating on next.
I also need to get past the giant rabbit and over the tightrope
Any suggestions please?

Thanks!!
[color="#00FF00"]The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.[/color]