Daisy and the Haunted Mansion (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Daisy and the Haunted Mansion (HELP THREAD)

Post by SALEHMARLEY » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Well, well, well!!! Already seeing the abuse and humour!!!! Hmmm, seems like the stakes have been raised eh Grandad????

Loving the graffiti....desperate to complete what the artist couldn't, but I am sure I will have chance later on in the game:-)

Managed to progress nicely which isn't like me, but am really looking forward to entering the mansion (in other words, I have managed to sort 2 puzzles so far!!!).

P.s..love Nobby, little bit concerned though, he looks rather like the fella that climbs the ladder to clean my windows!!!!

Edit...alright, don't wanna be the first to start a help thread so please help me on here Grandad or DizzyFan (cos I know nothing seems to baffle you!!!)
I got the sprig, left foot, meal voucher, magnifying glass, stone and paperclip....I sorted the good doctor, undone the spraypaint (gutted) etc..thinking I might need a pie from willie!! I got enough cash for a crowbar. The undertakers and willies is locked. The key is now hidden?? I been in the herald etc...
Do unto others as you would have them do!!!

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 pm

SALEHMARLEY wrote:I got the sprig, left foot, meal voucher, magnifying glass, stone and paperclip....I sorted the good doctor, undone the spraypaint (gutted) etc..thinking I might need a pie from willie!! I got enough cash for a crowbar. The undertakers and willies is locked. The key is now hidden?? I been in the herald etc...
Same items, except I haven't sorted the doctor or done the spray paint. I could swear I've tried everything everywhere.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm stopping playing this for now, I seem to have tried *everything*. Again.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Hey, I'm starting again, and I've been able to buy pink spray paint now, after giving the girl the choc cake! I'm certain that didn't happen before. I didn't even have £5!

Now I've been given the tenner, but it's not in my inventory, and I've bought the crowbar, even though it costs £15! What's going on?

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 pm

right, I'm quite far in, and have fallen through some kind of trap-door in one of the doors upstairs, to a cellar of puzzles etc. I've done most of them and have a skull, but can't get through the last door and the puzzle next to it doesn't do anything. I'll not be very amused if I'm stuck down here.

Also, what does that diagram above the door mean?

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:25 pm

This is probably why people are getting stuck:
Looks like a bug:
If you dont get the crowbar before seeing the dr, after the meanwhile screen, you cant get the crowbar.
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:42 pm

Another bug,
later on, if i drop an item at the window where nobby was, the game freezes
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:21 am

Money is registered as 'coins' in the top left of the HUD; saves adding to the inventory and you start with ten quid. You can't get stuck in the area under Paul's bedroom as you don't need to take anything down with you and you exit by the same 'flap' you entered. The diagram is a 'hint' for another puzzle somewhere else. The mechanism by the locked door does do something if you set it correctly, just not in that area.

Dropping items by the undertaker's window shouldn't freeze the game as it's just a basic 'use object' and drop the item if not relevant function, but will check it out.

I'd better check out the crowbar thingee again as it's just occurred that I might have forced a status change after talking to the doctor without checking whether the crowbar had been bought.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:25 am

Grandad wrote:The mechanism by the locked door does do something if you set it correctly, just not in that area.
does it tell us when it's set correctly?

Oh and the flap is way up high, and I can't find anything to get it down low.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:44 am

gahhh I've got out! The amount of time I've wasted down there....

EDIT:: right, I have no idea what the combination for the doctor's safe is, and I really don't want to look in the code to see what it is.