Daisy and the Haunted Mansion (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue May 13, 2014 10:12 am

There's a couple of ways to avoid the rocks. If you're quick you can jump onto each ledge in turn to avoid them and the bridge will collapse. Otherwise when they start go right as there is a spot where you can stand safely and the rock will bounce over your head.

The seed gets planted in the herb garden (by the wall) and the statue has a small button on it which you can only see with the magnifying glass.

Rog'er Fahrenheit
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Rog'er Fahrenheit » Tue May 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Aaah, it has to be in that specific spot... I'd been trying all over the grounds, including right up against the wall, but that was too close. Did I miss some indicator that it had to be in that exact place?

Yeah I guess I used the ledges the first time, but when I went out, the rock was under the unbroken bridge. I can provide a screenshot if you'd like.

I'm afraid I found another issue - if you place one of the rams' skulls too close to the wall, it'll get stuck in there and you need to restart. Fortunately it wasn't too long since my last save.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed May 14, 2014 9:24 am

I'll have to check all this out Rog'er, thanks. Shame about the skulls being too close to a wall though, I was quite chuffed when I got them to work properly.

gslug
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by gslug » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:07 am

I've been lurking here for a while, but this game has finally made me get around to registering!

I've spent half an hour trying to solve the second set of three skulls under Paul's room and seem to be going around in circles. I read earlier in this thread that I need to have the middle skull in the down position, but cannot for the life of me work out how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks for continuing to play Gslug. I'm afraid the second set of skulls under the map is one of those red coloured fish as you can't get them to all be in the down position. The map is a solution for a 'slider' puzzle later on in the game. Once you've set the levers correctly and got the first set of skulls in the down position you can jump up onto the buttons and pick up the three skulls. When you drop them they float in the air at head height so you can jump on them to reach Paul's door (and pick them up again if in the wrong position). Drop them one at a time starting just past the middle right of that room, jump up onto the skull and drop the next one. There is a bit of a bug in that if you drop them too far to the left they get stuck in the left hand wall and you can't pick them up again.

gslug
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by gslug » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Thanks Grandad! I've made it out and have now found the hidden passage. Hopefully I don't get totally stuck again for a while.

gslug
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by gslug » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:32 am

Completed it, with three variations of the ending. A really enjoyable game! Thanks Grandad.