Dizzy's Challenge (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Dizzy's Challenge (HELP THREAD)

Post by quiggie » Sun May 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for that Grandad but it doesn't help at the moment. Think i need to get the green triangle before progressing any further, tried everything around that spot with no joy, and none of the items i have work anywhere else at the moment. I have:
lead lined casket, unlock chest spell, sleep spell power 8, 4 wine, rum & cooked chicken
so a clue for any of these would be much appreciated. And god help me in further levels if i'm stuck here in 2! :v2_dizzy_blush:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm glad someone else has started this thread!! Feel I can post now although I'm not quite as far as Quiggie. I'm stuck on level 2 on the second lot of buttons (for opening the curtain). I've tried all sorts of combinations and have retraced my steps in the hope of finding a clue but no luck.

Please could I have a hint?

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sun May 05, 2013 2:01 pm

I haven't done those yet either, think they might come a bit later? Just carry on for now without bothering with them that's what i've done

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun May 05, 2013 4:34 pm

I assume you mean the green triangle by the 'electricity'. You do need to open the curtains in the 'slot' area. Perhaps I've been a bit mean on that as I've left no clues lying around. You need to press one button once, then another button twice then the last button once and the curtains will open.

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by gavlaa » Sun May 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know what I need to do next on level 3? I have:

Attract gold spell x 1
Shield (used numerous times)
Empty flask
Bless spell x 1
Lit incense
Golden key
Yellow key (used once)
Blue key (used once)
Bucket
Pillow (used once)
Prayer book (used 3 times)
Rat poison (used once)
Round green gem
Bread

Problems to solve:

The door with bars
A handle for the pump
A figure key to get the green key
A way of getting the gold coin in the room where the incense was lit

Thanks

Gavlaa

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 pm

Sorry can't help, i've got roughly the same items but less of them & behind you - can you give us a clue how to get the shield, think that would help me get further, by the way i went back to level2 thinking i could get the handle & shield, but no luck.

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by gavlaa » Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 am

quiggie wrote:Sorry can't help, i've got roughly the same items but less of them & behind you - can you give us a clue how to get the shield, think that would help me get further, by the way i went back to level2 thinking i could get the handle & shield, but no luck.
To get the shield, go to the second room in the level and walk around. Hope that helps.

Grandad, can you help me with my above issue?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon May 06, 2013 10:31 am

Grandad's Level 3 hint corner:

You need four golden keys to exit (mentioned on the note in the ape's mouth) so best to just dump them by the front door till you have all four.

The clues to the keys for the statue locks are on the middle shelves in the Queen's library. You can't get the 'green key' yet as you have more puzzles to solve.

The bars puzzle gives you nine attempts to get the right combinations before you get electrocuted. However, as soon as you get the first combination correct one of the bars will disappear, likewise the second combination removes the second bar. Best to save then just faff around and save again after you get each combination correct. Each combination is three pushes.

Using items on other items is simply a case of (dropping and) picking up the item needed to be changed whilst holding the relevant other item in your inventory.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Oh for *&^% sake Grandad, i'm symbol dyslexic!! Can't for the life of me work out those 8 disc symbol thingies, its given me flashbacks to those bloody cones. i've tried every combo i can think of & read and re-read all the books, still not got anywhere and i think i need to solve this to proceed, other than that my items are:
chicken, shield - used, gold spell x1, prayer bk - used, duplicate potion x1, round green gem, rat poison, pillow - used, empty bucket, blue key - used, need a yellow key here but think i used one earlies???
Anyway help with any of this much appreciated and if you have to sell your granny to Jamie i'll sell you mine if you help :v2_dizzy_tongue:

gavlaa
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by gavlaa » Mon May 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Grandad wrote:Grandad's Level 3 hint corner:

You need four golden keys to exit (mentioned on the note in the ape's mouth) so best to just dump them by the front door till you have all four.

The clues to the keys for the statue locks are on the middle shelves in the Queen's library. You can't get the 'green key' yet as you have more puzzles to solve.

The bars puzzle gives you nine attempts to get the right combinations before you get electrocuted. However, as soon as you get the first combination correct one of the bars will disappear, likewise the second combination removes the second bar. Best to save then just faff around and save again after you get each combination correct. Each combination is three pushes.

Using items on other items is simply a case of (dropping and) picking up the item needed to be changed whilst holding the relevant other item in your inventory.
Hi Grandad, thanks for your help earlier. I've now managed to get onto level 4. I have also come across a problem when selecting a button in one of the rooms. I'll PM you a screenshot.

Gavlaa