Wizard School (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Wizard School (HELP THREAD)

Post by SnTrooper » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:24 am

Crowbar (used twice), Clockwork Mouse, 60 Watt Light Bulb, Fishing Rod, Dead Herring, Walking Stick, Magic Bull, Empty Tankard, Butterfly Net, Brass Candlestick, Cucumber, Football, Balloon, Scissors, Toilet Brush (used), Camera, Liquorice Allsorts, Custard Recipes and given one item (Gold Fish) to Troll. I know where to use the liquorice and recipes but I'm not sure if I should right now.

Any help?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:59 am

It doesn't matter SnTrooper, the game isn't totally linear so there's no strict order in getting the five gold items. Also, you only lose an item when it's not needed any more (and all items are used, some more than once). Often, more than one action is needed to complete a particular puzzle as you found out with the gnome (after giving him what he needs, you need to discover the 'mine' is abandoned before the shop opens). The only real way to screw up is to run out of money by continually buying the man in the pub drinks (but that is where the 'magic bull' comes in handy).

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Ok so just remove the liquorish and replace the recipes with Truth Potion in my first post and I'm in the exact same place. Stuck.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:03 am

Giving the liqourice to the right person makes a new character appear. The custard won't be 'available' until you have a reason to get some (and you have to leave that 'street' and come back when you have the reason - my bad, should have just made it finding the reason, not leaving the street as well).

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Yeeeeeeha for once i finished a Grandad game without needing help :v2_dizzy_tongue2: . That was another great game to play Grandad thanks, didn't think there was going to be anything a bit rude till i ran around with the cucumber :v2_dizzy_blush: . Thanks again, looking forward to more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:25 pm

I guess it is just me having a hard time so far. Gotten all the gold items but am stuck again.

Crowbar (used thrice), Clockwork Mouse, 100 Watt Light Bulb, Old Boots, Dead Herring, Walking Stick (used), Magic Bull, Cucumber, Football, Truth Potion, Magnifying Glass, Scissors, Toilet Brush (used), Camera, Deerstalker Hat, Violin, Violin Bow, Dwarf Hammer (Used), and Feather.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:02 am

Well done Quiggie, like SNTrooper I'm having a spot of bother.

I've found loads of items and have got qiute a long way in but I haven't found any money yet. Please could someone tell me what I've missed?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:02 am

SnTrooper, one of the characters is scared of potential diseases.

Well done Annie, you must be getting used to my 'style' ...and I just couldn't resist adding the cucumber joke!

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:05 am

Sparkles, your posting appeared whilst I was typing my last reply. The clue for the money is that the violinist has lost his bow down the well ...and it's not there when you get to the bottom of the well.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:20 am

Grandad wrote:Sparkles, your posting appeared whilst I was typing my last reply. The clue for the money is that the violinist has lost his bow down the well ...and it's not there when you get to the bottom of the well.
Thanks Grandad, trust me to miss something like that! Off on a spending spree now!