Dizzy - The Last Hero (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:34 pm

I've just used the [color="#FFFFFF"]wrench[/color] (found by the sleeping guy) to make the well work. But I can't find a mine detector anywhere down the mine.
I can move the well platform to a couple of different positions, but I fall in the water under it and drown.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:30 pm

The Armorog wrote:I've just used the [color="#FFFFFF"]wrench[/color] (found by the sleeping guy) to make the well work. But I can't find a mine detector anywhere down the mine.
I can move the well platform to a couple of different positions, but I fall in the water under it and drown.

You used this key on [color="#FFFFFF"]old well[/color]? The [color="#FFFFFF"]elevator will lift a platform below and you will pass further to[/color] a mine detector.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:14 pm

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:18 pm

If I press the platform button once or twice, the platform moves down, but not far enough. Not to the bottom. Every third time I press the button, the platform rises to the top again. So I can't access the bottom of the well.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Don't go down. Go up.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Thanks SnTrooper, missing that was stupid of me.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:12 pm

I've got the axe from past the laser system, though I expected to find a tarpaulin from what I've read on this thread. Which I would know exactly what to do with! I've tried the axe on all the trees and pieces of wood but no luck. Any hints with where to use the axe to get a bit further?

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:24 am

The Armorog wrote:I've got the axe from past the laser system, though I expected to find a tarpaulin from what I've read on this thread. Which I would know exactly what to do with! I've tried the axe on all the trees and pieces of wood but no luck. Any hints with where to use the axe to get a bit further?

Here ([color="#FFFFFF"]the platform has to be below Dizzy[/color]), and below you will find tarpaulin.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Now I'm in the vault under the cemetery, trying to use the [color="#FFFFFF"]knife[/color] to get [color="#FFFFFF"]the skeleton hand[/color]. But it doesn't work! It says 'You can't use this here' wherever I try to use the knife.

Robin Floyd
Your Backpack is Empty

Re: Dizzy - The Last Hero (HELP THREAD)

Postby Robin Floyd » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:32 pm

I just finished this at last - wow, awesome game, though very, very difficult! I doubt I would have got anywhere if it were not for the help on this thread.

I did have one remaing question: even though I've beaten the game there are still several locked doors which I never managed to open - there's the crypt in the graveyard, and several more in the house. I figured maybe these would create shortcuts to allow quicker movement through the game after accessing certain areas - like, perhaps after entering the house the doors on the left and right could be unlocked from the inside. But if that's the case I still don't know how to do it. All of these doors make a clicking sound when you press the action button next to them, and game text tells you they are locked, which to me implies there is something to be done with them. Or maybe they are just exta details, since obviously the game can be beaten without opening them. But I would be glad to hear if anybody knows the answer to this!