Dizzy Goes To Hollywood (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Tue May 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Sparkles 49 wrote:Items I have are: [color="#FFFFFF"]pump (used), balloon (used), rubber gloves (used), wooden mallett(used). hundreds of oscars, a brain, a clockwork heart, cans of fosters and a boomerang (I think I know where to use the last 4) I've used the lollipop and placed the barrel[/color]. Any ideas?

Well if you know where those items go all i can think is the key from wizard of oz, did you pick that up?
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Sparkles 49 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:39 pm

I can't get into The Wizard of Oz or Crocodile Dundee yet as I don't have the keys. I've tried bashing down the door with the mallett though! I've only got those last two to do and I think I must have missed something important. Can you remember where you got the last keys from?

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Tue May 03, 2016 5:48 pm

The Wizard of Oz key is in a hut in the Tarzan area. You have to fall down to get to it.

Almost done just need to find one more oscar.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Sparkles 49 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:58 pm

THANK YOU Sntrooper. I found the Boomerang doing that and did try again but obviously not in the right place. Off to throw myself about a bit now!

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Tue May 03, 2016 6:01 pm

Sparkles 49 wrote:THANK YOU Sntrooper. I found the Boomerang doing that and did try again but obviously not in the right place. Off to throw myself about a bit now!

SORRY i thought you had that open! From the [color="#FFFFFF"]pirate cabin drop right then left, left[/color] (i think :-))
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Wed May 04, 2016 8:19 am

Sparkles ...that hut is a bit sneaky. Go left past the first hut (with the ball), jump across then instead of jumping onto the small ledges to go up just walk left and drop onto the ledge with the 'extra' hut (the tree is the one by Tarzan).

Don't get bitten by a munchkin :dizzy_wink:

SnTrooper, the only oscars you can't see a tiny bit of are the ones in crates.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Thu May 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Finished. Only bug I found is you can't drop items in the screen with the security guard.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Thu May 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Finished as well. It's funny, I don't remember playing Seymour but bits of this were really familiar, like the bit with the moving cars.

I got stuck because of that sneaky tree hut as well. Found it by accident when I fell off a platform.

Will this be entered in the comp? With Crystal Kingdom and the DizzyAGE version of Dizzy in the Dungeons we could make it a sort of remakes special?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Fri May 06, 2016 8:29 am

Can't remember why I made that bit of the entrance 'non-droppable', unless originally Dizzy was going to have to show the guard the shades every time he went past ..and then thought it easier to just give them to him.

I told AdzM and Simon I was happy for it to be entered in the comp - and yes, let's enter them all, so that I can definitely come bottom again. :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Sat May 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Grandad wrote:Glad you enjoyed Annie - there is a bug if you're invisible and talk to the man in the prop shop. Not vital to the game, but thought I should add separate interactions when invisible. Hope the usual suspects don't find any more bugs.

Oops, sorry Grandad. There is a bug when you have the potion and talk to Mick Dundee, you get an error message. Also when you talk to the aboriginal man when invisible he gives the 'ghost pom' speech and then finishes with 'Howdy Pom' which presumably should just be the reply when not invisible.
Having fun though, loads of items and more Oscars than Meryl Streep, still got a couple of studios to open as well.
Insert signature here