Dizzy Goes To Hollywood (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Sun May 08, 2016 7:38 am

Thanks 'Frogman' - I really must learn to type properly :dizzy_biggrin:

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Sat May 14, 2016 2:12 pm

I remember playing this on my Spectrum 128k but definitely never finished it. After the Dizzy games, CJ's Elephant Antics and Slightly Magic were firm Codemasters favourites.
Anyway, I've got 10 Oscars, various green body parts, the bottle of potion, a bouncy ball, a balloon, a pump, a wooden mallet and two coins and have been round everywhere trying everything to no avail.
I've opened up The Wizard Of Oz (I've given Dorothy the [color="#FFFFFF"]clockwork heart[/color]), Grease (taken care of both characters there), Crocodile Dundee (need something for Mick Dundee), The Big Country (can't get past the gangster) and Flash Gordon (can't go through the transporter without dying).
Any hints for how to get further?

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Sat May 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Armorog - I am not a lot further on than you, but I think you may have some other items you haven't mentioned.

You give Mick Dundee something that Paul Hogan (who wrote and played him) used to advertise, but if you are too young to know that, he called it [color="#FFFFFF"]amber nectar.[/color]

To pass the gangster is an involved process, requiring some objects you haven't mentioned, and locations [color="#FFFFFF"]Dick Tracy and Sherlock Holmes[/color].

That is then as far as I have got so far...
Insert signature here

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Sat May 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Armorog, you use the balloon and pump together at a specific spot.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Sun May 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Thanks SnTrooper. The balloon & pump worked like a charm.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Sun May 15, 2016 10:37 pm

OK, now I've got the love letter, balloon & pump (used), sharp knife, bouncy ball, wooden mallet, two coins, bottle of potion, rubber gloves (used), then lots of oscars and green body parts.
I need to find a detonator, a brain and some courage for Dorothy, something for the woman in The Big Country, plus get into King Kong and Frankenstein studios. Can't find those two keys! Any more hints please?

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Mon May 16, 2016 1:25 am

Deliver the letter.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Mon May 16, 2016 9:51 pm

Aaarrgh so I'm just going round and round in circles now. I've got the lollipop and the items I mentioned above, I still can't find the keys for Frankenstein and King Kong. I know from the help thread that I should've been able to find a brain by now, I know I need that and something else to get the blanket from Dorothy in order to get the detonator. The props man wants another chitty, I can't get across the busy road with traffic, none of the other characters I've met seem to want anything more from me. Help!

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Mon May 16, 2016 11:33 pm

The Armorog wrote:I can't get across the busy road with traffic

Yes you can. :dizzy_wink:

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Tue May 17, 2016 3:32 pm

Aaaahh! Clever. I really thought I'd have finished this one by now - but it looks like I just need a brain! (And a body for Frankenstein, the detonator too, but I know I can't get that yet). Any hints re.the brain?