Dizzy Goes To Hollywood (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Tue May 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Armorog - you need to collect the green chest first. Sorry, I cannot remember where it was but I am sure it wasn't hidden. Unlike one of the Oscars which I appear to be missing! :cry:
Insert signature here

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Tue May 17, 2016 5:29 pm

Haven't come across a green chest anywhere unfortunately. I'd better go and have another thorough rummage around then.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Tue May 17, 2016 7:49 pm

The chest is in the jail.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Wed May 18, 2016 7:48 pm

I can't believe I've been driven back to the help thread! I've found 20 people so far to give oscars to, and can't understand where I can find 2 more people. I've tried the munchkins and the crocodile but no joy. I only actually have 1 more oscar which is my second problem (I was hoping I wouldn't need one for myself...)
I haven't used the mallet, also have the potion and gloves left over.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Wed May 18, 2016 8:12 pm

The Armorog wrote:I've tried the munchkins
Try again.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Wed May 18, 2016 8:55 pm

The Armorog wrote:I haven't used the mallet
How did you get up to Kong then? :v2_dizzy_confused3:
Insert signature here

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Thu May 19, 2016 9:12 am

Frogman - Apart from the oscars hidden in crates you can always see a tiny bit of oscar in the screen (remember the willies in Dora goes to Paris). The only two awkward screens are the one above Ming the Merciless and the one on the outside wall at Dorothy's which you have to avoid falling in the water to reach.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Thu May 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Grandad - yes, thanks got those 2. I thought the sneakiest one I have found so far was the one in the greasy spoon cafe. I may have stashed the missing oscar somewhere, but not had time to hunt yet. Thanks for another great game.
Insert signature here

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Thu May 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Frogandhat - I got up to Kong just by jumping over the barrels if possible, and losing energy if I couldn't. I managed to finish the game in the end with three lives, just a sliver of energy left on my last life. Was there another way to do it?
Silly me with those munchkins at the end, I was just standing near them trying to offer them the oscars and film script! I did have to go through the whole game at the end looking for one final oscar, but found it in a crate in the treehouses.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Fri May 20, 2016 5:22 am

Wow, hats off to you Armorog for doing it the hard way! Looks like you have never played Donkey Kong? If you enter Kong's studio with the hammer then every time a barrel touches you, Dizzy automatically smashes it with the hammer meaning no jumping and no energy loss.
Insert signature here