Fantasy World Daisy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:12 am

Hammermac, the action spot is between the book and rubble. As Sn Trooper says, you have to have the loudhailer in your inventory and read the book in the library in the current game.

NB, sorry about that but I tend to make 'finding clues' compulsory in each new restart - the player might know the 'clue' but Dizzy doesn't. :toothy:

hammermalc
Free Range Egg

Postby hammermalc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:06 am

Grandad wrote:Hammermac, the action spot is between the book and rubble. As Sn Trooper says, you have to have the loudhailer in your inventory and read the book in the library in the current game.

NB, sorry about that but I tend to make 'finding clues' compulsory in each new restart - the player might know the 'clue' but Dizzy doesn't. :toothy:

Thank you Grandad, i kept going back to reading the clue, but actioned in another save. It didn't occur to me to read & action.
Another great game from you, please keep these brilliant games coming. :dizzy_smile:

gibbyboy
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby gibbyboy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:29 am

I am trying to find the whiskey any hints please

DragonRaiderX9
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby DragonRaiderX9 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:57 pm

So, as per usual, I'm enjoying this recreation of a Dizzy classic. I'm running into some trouble, though.

I can't figure out how to get the door handle or the cake. I'd list my items, but I'm not sure how to make them blend into the page like everyone else is doing.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:49 pm

DragonRaiderX9 wrote:I can't figure out how to get the door handle or the cake. I'd list my items, but I'm not sure how to make them blend into the page like everyone else is doing.

Both of those are gotten later in the game so you might not be to that point yet. To hide your typing change the "Text Color" to white [HTML]Using this -> [color="#FFFFFF"]text[/color][/HTML]

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Sorry, but the only assistance I can give is that to hide text, you have to change the font colour to white. Above the typing area is a button marked A\/ (meant to be a small down arrow) - press that to change colour, white is bottom right.
Now over to SnTrooper as he seems to know all the answers to all things Dizzy.... :dizzy_biggrin: :laugh:

EDIT: SnTrooper was replying above whilst I was typing this! :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol:
Insert signature here

DragonRaiderX9
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby DragonRaiderX9 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:58 am

Thank you, both of you. Now I can be a lot more specific.

I have [color="#FFFFFF"]the Scuba, Magnifying Glass, Window Key, Broom, Spectrum, the Pickaxe, the Stale Bread, Bone, Loud Hailer and Sharp Sword[/color]. I don't think I have anything else lying around elsewhere.
Also, I found the [color="#FFFFFF"]glasses thanks to the shortcut in the maze[/color], but I haven't found anything new with them. I'm trying to find the Cake for Dylan, which I can see but not reach, the wine for GranDizzy, and the pear for [color="#FFFFFF"]Grumpy[/color], which I can also see but not reach.

I cannot enter the church or the building next to it. I'm quite stumped at the moment. If someone could nudge me in the right direction, I think I'd be alright.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:31 am

My memory of this game has gone I am afraid, but you should be able to access the shortcut teleports which will make things easier. The clue to how to is to know that Grandad was a Commode Amiga user :v2_dizzy_tongue:
Insert signature here

DragonRaiderX9
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby DragonRaiderX9 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:00 am

I've heard about the warp thing, but even with your clue, I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm guessing it means he doesn't like the Spectrum, but flushing it down the toilet or tossing it in lava wouldn't work. I'm really not familiar with these old computers.

Also, in addition to the items listed above, I also have [color="#FFFFFF"]the carpet, the woodsaw, and a pygmy cow. The first one, I'm told there's more than one.[/color] I'm pretty sure that's it this time.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:29 am

OK, if you haven't done so already, you need to chop off the dragon's head with the sword then use the head and the stale loaf to make bridges across the spiked water bits outside the starting dungeon then get through the maze (the mark on the castle wall underneath where you found the scuba can be enlarged with the magnifying glass to see a safe passage - follow the green line). Use the glasses to jump on the bricks and get the second pygmy cow and the bag of toffees.

I have no problems with Spectrums, just thought it would be fun to wind up some of the 'devotees' on this site. Toss it into the lava pool and wait for Sir Alan Sugar to appear :v2_dizzy_tongue: