Dizzy X: Journey To Russia (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Dizzy X: Journey To Russia (HELP THREAD)

Postby quiggie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Aaarrrggghhh. Just a quick question at the moment: Can you get rid of those rats at the Fortress? Can't get a rhythm to pass without dying a lot!!!!!!!! :v2_dizzy_eek:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Nowhere Girl » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:02 pm

I'm probably near the end. I have: [color="#FFFFFF"]pliers, empty fuel can (I have never seen the word "jerrycan", to be honest, so probably bad translation), apple, flashlight without batterries, gas mask, oil (used once) pike pole[/color]. I have no idea what to do next, I tried offering these items, but it doesn't work.
How do I get some [color="#FFFFFF"]fuel[/color]?
Is the [color="#FFFFFF"]deputy's dacha[/color] just for decoration? Dizzy can't get inside, he can only pass by...
When I gave the [color="#FFFFFF"]janitor a bottle of vodka[/color], he went into the park, but there seems to be no way of getting inside and I have no idea how - and whether - Dizzy should use his [color="#FFFFFF"]water hose[/color]...

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Nowhere Girl wrote:I'm probably near the end. I have: [color="#FFFFFF"]pliers, empty fuel can (I have never seen the word "jerrycan", to be honest, so probably bad translation), apple, flashlight without batterries, gas mask, oil (used once) pike pole[/color]. I have no idea what to do next, I tried offering these items, but it doesn't work.
How do I get some [color="#FFFFFF"]fuel[/color]?
Is the [color="#FFFFFF"]deputy's dacha[/color] just for decoration? Dizzy can't get inside, he can only pass by...
When I gave the [color="#FFFFFF"]janitor a bottle of vodka[/color], he went into the park, but there seems to be no way of getting inside and I have no idea how - and whether - Dizzy should use his [color="#FFFFFF"]water hose[/color]...

Hey Nowhere Girl, jerrycan is right its a term from the war days i think! I'm trying to fill that as well but haven't seen no deputy or vodka? You can use the [color="#FFFFFF"]pikepole left of the rower in the water,[/color] though what it got me i haven't been able to use yet. Think i need to cure someones hangover?

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Nowhere Girl » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:16 pm

You know what they say - the best cure for a hangover is to have another one...
Some Russians even believe that their favorite drug has medicinal value*, though I prefer the variant "Vodka kills, ganja heals!"**. ;)

I managed to get a bit further. I even repaired the [color="#FFFFFF"]scissors[/color] (the problem is that I don't know how I managed not to pick them up while [color="#FFFFFF"]oiling them[/color]), but now I don't know what next. I thought I'd steal [color="#FFFFFF"]fuel[/color] from the tractor with the [color="#FFFFFF"]hose[/color]***, but nope, it doesn't work. No idea about the [color="#FFFFFF"]boot and old can[/color] either...

*I remember a really chilling reportage about places in Kazakhstan where nuclear testing was done in Soviet times. Some people there really believe that one can prevent negative effects by drinking vodka after visiting places with strong latent radioactivity.
** This was a slogan I invented a few years ago at the Warsaw Free Cannabis March. It seems that the police got a "prikaz" (order) that the organisers' platform trucks can't leave - under the pretext that Obama's visit to Poland was at the same time (which lead to another chant, to the melody of "Guantanamera": "Barack Obama zajara z nami pół grama", or "Barack Obama will smoke half a gram with us" :v2_dizzy_lol :) . They had to carry loudspeakers on a single pickup truck, so the sound wasn't too good, control over the crowd wasn't too good either and some, ugh, worse-mannered participants shouted vulgar anti-police slogans. So I invented that one just to try bringing something less profane to the slogan "repertoire"...
Anyway, I consider this variant much closer to reality as well - alcohol is one of the most harmful drugs...
***It seems it's a real method for moving fuel or other liquids from one car to another. One needs to gently suck on the hose, stop to prevent themselves from drinking fuel ;) and quickly put the end of the hose into the other car's tank. At least I, as a non-driver, don't have such problems...

Gary S
Free Range Egg

Postby Gary S » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:59 am

Is there anything actually in this game? It seems to consist of a hill surrounded by two unpassable pieces of water, and all I have is a gold key.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:20 am

Gary S wrote:Is there anything actually in this game? It seems to consist of a hill surrounded by two unpassable pieces of water, and all I have is a gold key.

There are two worlds. One World Dizzy, the second Russian.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Gary S wrote:Is there anything actually in this game? It seems to consist of a hill surrounded by two unpassable pieces of water, and all I have is a gold key.

Try climbing some trees :v2_dizzy_eek:

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Nowhere Girl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Hey, apart frm my digressions, I also asked! I don't know what to do with the [color="#FFFFFF"]hose, boot and old can[/color]...

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Soz don't know what to do with those myself. I need to fill the [color="#FFFFFF"]jerrycan & use the apple[/color] & some other stuff :dizzy_confused:

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Yeah, the beginning of this is pretty annoying. You have to jump the pond on the right side from the lower ledge. The only way I could get down to it was rolling down the hill in just the right way.

I'm stuck in the same place as everyone else. Got hose, jerry-can, apple, piece of fence, gas mask, pike pole, pliers, scissors, torch (no batteries), old boot, tin can.

I've tried filling the can from the tractor and tried stopping the traffic by dropping things in the road. It also occurs to me that the thug must have some batteries in his stereo, but I don't seem to have anything he wants. I'm out of ideas now. :v2_dizzy_confused2: