Dora the Explorer (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dora the Explorer (HELP THREAD)

Post by frogandhat » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Armorog - yes, you can flip the switch as many times as you like, but remember you can only swim if you are a naked 'little Dora'.

And a couple of the items you need might be closer than you think :dizzy_wink:

And have you found the camera, as Granda apparently put that in just for you?

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 pm

And I've just tried completing the game and found out how desperately I need a camera! Especially as Grandad mentioned somewhere that's for my benefit...

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Frogandhat I've just seen your message, I still haven't found any of the items (including the camera!) but I'm having another good look round everywhere. I thought that when the policeman took me to the station I would appear there, or suddenly have a truncheon, but sadly not!

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Armarog make sure your carrying the pendant of lust when you speak to everyone then you'll know whats what.
I'll PM you re your other item cause i'm a bit &*^% at giving clues :v2_dizzy_blush:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:10 am

cause i'm a bit &*^% at giving clues :v2_dizzy_blush:
You're normally a bit &*^% at solving them too :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol:

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:05 pm

Armorog - You are so close to the solution that you could touch it!
Just remember that there are four possible Dora's that could speak to the characters, and each may get a different response.

And I think this game has broken Sparkles 49 - they haven't been on here for 4 days

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:34 pm

Frogandhat and Quiggie, your help has been, erm, very helpful! So I've got a couple more questions.
Do you know how to get the spanner from Denzil? Which I need for the guy on the pirate ship.
Also, how to persuade Dylan to take his clothes off, or where I can find handcuffs and a stick of rock? Still no sign of the monkey either. I'm at 38 so still can't see how there'll be 7 more bonks!

P.S. A tryst with Dora the explorer has just led to the discovery of a [font=]stick of rock[/font]! No handcuffs yet though.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 pm

Maybe Denzil doesn't want to give you that spanner after what you did to his screwdriver, you'll just have to think of another place to get that tool :v2_dizzy_biggrin: which will get you further

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:49 pm

That was pretty obvious really! The obvious place to obtain a spanner.
I can finish the game with a score of 43, including Indiana Jones. But in order to get those last two,
I'm curious as to whether Dylan can be persuaded? He said he's turned on by plants, but it's too hot
to take his clothes off. Plus the skeleton in Atlantis, is there a way to find out if it's male or female?
As there's a light above its head, which presumably changes colour once it's figured out. Or maybe
the lifelike picture of the goddess in the Egyptian section, that winks at you?
(I also didn't really understand the point of killing the jellyfish, as there's nothing in the water by that
point.)

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:14 am

Armorog - you are nearly at the same point as me now.
For Dylan, you need to see my last clue, and be holding an object that will be obvious once you talk to him, and also is the only object you won't have used yet :dizzy_wink:
With the jellyfish, I think they are there to give you points if you need them. And don't forget, the potion to kill them is gettable a lot earlier in the game than any of us seemed to have realised.
I have not worked out if there is anything you can do with the winking picture, and I suspect that there is nothing to do with the skeleton - but then that might be why I haven't progressed!